Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenham

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    yes could well be it, how many 69's are there?
    Haven't a clue as I'm only the intermediary on the information
    I didnt' even realise Lenham had made any mid engined cars !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The blue Ginetta you are talking about was indeed blue, it was the G16.
    The Lenham I am talking about is a darker blue car, gull-winged, mid-engined and powered with a Ford four-pot, I reckon a 1600cc or 2litre. None of the cars posted in this thread are the one I am talking about. It is a closed mid-engined vehicle, not open. If we persevere we can nail it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    The blue Ginetta you are talking about was indeed blue, it was the G16.
    The Lenham I am talking about is a darker blue car, gull-winged, mid-engined and powered with a Ford four-pot, I reckon a 1600cc or 2litre. None of the cars posted in this thread are the one I am talking about. It is a closed mid-engined vehicle, not open. If we persevere we can nail it down.
    If it is closed, than it is probably the P70 that Matra's friend was talking about, being the P69 with a roof.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Well the Lenham P70 did compete in Le Mans in 1970, it was a 4-cyl 1.6l engine, so it could be the one indeed, didn't find any pics of it though in a quick google, but I reckon they're out there...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Well the Lenham P70 did compete in Le Mans in 1970, it was a 4-cyl 1.6l engine, so it could be the one indeed, didn't find any pics of it though in a quick google, but I reckon they're out there...
    Actually it did not because its entry was refused by ACO
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

A shame my camera ran out of juice at the Zolder Historic GP last weekend, I could have taken the picture I sorely yearned for. I recall it being bloody fast on the track though. It proved yet again that being light and nimble may propel you to victory (coupled with a reliable Ford unit........and not having to deal with Chevrons of course)

A shame my camera ran out of juice at the Zolder Historic GP last weekend, I could have taken the picture I sorely yearned for. I recall it being bloody fast on the track though. It proved yet again that being light and nimble may propel you to victory (coupled with a reliable Ford unit........and not having to deal with Chevrons of course)
    what's the car called in the programme?

I had forsaken to get one ......shame on me.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Actually it did not because its entry was refused by ACO
    Good point. No wonder I had trouble finding a lenham in pictures from the race!
    - Are YOU listed? -

There is a picture on the Zolder website, but you have to register first. I was not able to copy it.

There is a picture on the Zolder website, but you have to register first. I was not able to copy it.
    If you cannot save the pic as it is you can use the printscreen button while viewing it, that saves a freeze-frame to the clipboard that you can paste into a image editing program, like 'paint' and save the pic... I'd love to finally see the "mystery car"!
    - Are YOU listed? -

If you could just tell me how to insert a pic in this reply, you'd finally get to see it!

use the "Go Advanced" button and then hte "Manage Attachments" button.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Ladies and gentlemen, the car we've all been waiting for. it's the one on the right
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ladies and gentlemen, the car we've all been waiting for. it's the one on the right
    nice Lola

Thread Information