Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Magna

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Magna

Anybody seen the new Magna? if you have what do you think of its design?. I personly think that the headlights are to big and they are to far up the front bonnet

i think theyll be selling less magnas now since they changed the look of it. the front end styling doesnt match the rest of the car like the camry which it looks like. they could have at least changed the shape of the tailights if they want this to last till 2005

yeah could not have put it better myself. is that going to be around till 2005?.
    I did work experience at Mitsubishi and that came in and i had a look under the bonnet and inside the engines are exactly the same and the tail lights are the same just lifted up a bit.

yeah 2005 comes the all new magna, which the australian government had to give them a grant to help them develop it and as well in 2006 comes a lwb version to compete with the fairlane and statesman. the lwb could also mean a crack at the ute market, but there wont be a wagon apparently

I somehow think that they will not get a good enough lwb to compete with ford and holden. Will they bring out a ute you reckon?
    I think they need a V8 what do you reckon?

i think they may consider a ute, but fords dominance in the ute market wouldnt bring them much sales, plus theyd need a rwd platform first for it to work on something that size. i think they want to bring out a V8, and i think mitsu japan has a 4.5L DOHC V8 in a limo type car sold over there that could be used

A V8 front wheel drive Magna! Misterbishi should leave V8s to the experts.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

hey talking about falcon utes what is it with them and the gap between the caban and the tray at the back? they would look mad if they left that out

hey if they did bring out a V8 in a Magna reckon they would try and get into the V8 Supercars? they should stick to rallying if you ask me

Originally posted by LowRider
    hey if they did bring out a V8 in a Magna reckon they would try and get into the V8 Supercars? they should stick to rallying if you ask me
    Id love to see em in Supercars. MOre the merrier. As long as they fit the formula.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

the falcon utes have the gap bewteen the tray and cabin so ford dont have to waste money engineering two seperate variants for a ute and one tonner. mitsubishi r currently talkin to avesco and cams about entering the v8 supercars and at the earliest could get in at about 2005

Originally posted by crisis
    Id love to see em in Supercars. MOre the merrier. As long as they fit the formula.
    Ford's ute is known as a 'cab-chassis' design.

well what ever you call it I dont like it.
    I reckon the Holden utes are better

the holden utes have been proven worse. they can carry less than half the amount of the fords, have been proven my motor magazine that they handle worse and tow worse

Notice how this has gone from the new magna to Holden and Ford utes?. Anyway do you think that if they make a Magna ute that it will be better then then the Holden ute?

Thread Information