Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V8 Supercars Gala Award Dinner

Well just to correct you FPV although i wasnt around at the time, i do know that Gibson did give the Almight XRGT its first win at Bathurst, but it wasnt 1976, more like 1967. I think by 1976, the XRGT would of been about as quick as a poodle at a greyhound race compared to the speed of the cars in 1976. =0P

How times have changed regarding Skaife. In 1992 when Skaife and Richards won Bathurst in the Skyline under controversial circumstances, it was a whole different story. They were both booed in the podium and the crowd were yelling out, "Nissan drivers take it up the #rse doodah doodah!" I also remember Jim Ricahards calling Australian racing fans as a pack of #rseholes, and Neil Crompton giving the crowd the bird(as he finished 2nd or 3rd in another nissan)

Your gunna make a fuss over simply getting 2 numbers the wrong way around??

Back in 1992, Skaife's nose looks bigger as well.......but now im being unfair.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Your gunna make a fuss over simply getting 2 numbers the wrong way around??

Back in 1992, Skaife's nose looks bigger as well.......but now im being unfair.
    Or maybey his face is catching up with it in his old age? (im resisting pinnocio jokes here )

he certainly seems to be getting more of a figure to his head now compared to 1992, back then you could call it an orange with a nose
    I am the Stig

Yeah he got a big nose
    I think he looks like he has more weight on him now, He looks a little porky
    Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    who would really know, after the whole TWR debacle Skaifey would be a completely different person than 2-3 years ago
    I think youe right he does seem more down to buss now then before he was just the driver.
    Last edited by SlickHolden; 12-14-2004 at 03:57 AM.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

maybe its just his age catching up to him, hes approaching his 40's afterall and i guess he'd be finding it harder to keep fit enough. but then how do you explain John Bowe, hes gunna last forever at this rate
    I am the Stig

Thread Information