Thread: Extensive experience

Extensive experience

in being retrenched. 3 times in as many years, 4 times in total. I wont say I'm becoming a little "over it" because I am completely over it. 120 people or so Australia wide with my company Staples/Corporate Express. They asked that we dont contact the media. Would hate to embarass them..
    This one is particularly galling as for once I had found a job I actually liked. Who knew. Of course I now have to sell my CV8 Monaro, cancel most of lifes little pleasures, probably cancel a 2 week trip to the Gold Coast we had been promisng the kids for 10 years and had booked and ready to go in about 4 weeks, among other sh!t. Been sitting on a computer writing applications for 2 days. Yes, p!ssed to the max.
    Sorry for the rant.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Sorry to hear it mate, good luck with your job search. The company I'm at is planning to lose 17,000 jobs worldwide this year too, but I think I'm safe for now. Did you get much warning or much of a payout?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

bugger to hear all that. But: Sell the car by all means,as it is replacable, but DON'T cancel the trip, you are bound to regret that if you do.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Don't feel bad. I got axed last thursday, too. Still went ahead with our anniversary trip this weekend though as it was already a sunk cost

Good luck!
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Cheers guys. I don’t want to cancel the trip but I can’t afford to waste the money on it if nothing is on the horizon. Being an old fart I guess I will see how easy it is for 49 year olds to get a job.

Pimento, the writing was on the wall coz I am a cynical bastard and when I heard that we had new management I was immediately worried. Then all the other stuff followed. I am a bit surprised it append so quick and wasn’t 100% sure it would be me but I knew I would probably be in the mix.

jcp123, Sorry to hear that mate. We haven’t paid for the accommodation yet for our trip.
    Enough whining!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information