Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Charger Experience

Dodge Charger Experience

This popped up on an advert banner and i thought it was pretty good. Lets you explore the whole car and watch a few videos. Check it out

http://www.dodge.com/charger/?pid=11...2&rid=12112372

Cool site, I especially liked the music on it.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Miguel and I am a Marketing Representative from the Dodge Information Center. I just wanted to make myself available to you all in case you had any questions regarding the 2006 Dodge Charger. If you do please feel free to ask!
    Has anyone heard about the Unleash Your Freak contest going on right now at Dodge.com? You can enter for your chance to win a brand new Charger! Visit the Dodge website for more details.

Thanks for your time,

Miguel M.
    Marketing Representative
    Dodge Information Center
    1-800-4-ADODGE/1-800-423-6343
    www.Dodge.com
    [email protected]

Are you part of the same team that did the whole hemi engine contest where people were asked to come up w/ different things to add a hemi to that would improve them?

And i have another question, Why should i buy a new dodge charger over say a ford mustang? Those mustangs, they are pretty special. And why four doors? would there be a two door version by chance coming soon? you know for the people who like more sporty cars?
    Last edited by scottie300z; 09-26-2005 at 08:34 PM.
    You can call me scott.

Hi Muguel,

I'm Hector A.K.A. Taz around here. I'm one of the moderators. I'm sure some of our members will have questions and comments for you. Just one thing, please refrain from directly advertizing Dodge on the forum. We consider that spam and it will get deleted. I mention this since you work for Dodge's advertizing arm and might be inclined to do so. But if you want to spend some of Dodge's advertizing budget on UCP, I'm sure Wouter (the owner of the site) will be more than happy to accomodate you.

Welcome to UCP, hope to see you become an active member. As far as the Charger goes...since I grew up with muscle cars, I was appaled at Dodge's decision to name a 4 door car the Charger. As you well know, the original Charger was a coupe.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Hi Muguel,

I'm Hector A.K.A. Taz around here. I'm one of the moderators. I'm sure some of our members will have questions and comments for you. Just one thing, please refrain from directly advertizing Dodge on the forum. We consider that spam and it will get deleted. I mention this since you work for Dodge's advertizing arm and might be inclined to do so. But if you want to spend some of Dodge's advertizing budget on UCP, I'm sure Wouter (the owner of the site) will be more than happy to accomodate you.

Welcome to UCP, hope to see you become an active member. As far as the Charger goes...since I grew up with muscle cars, I was appaled at Dodge's decision to name a 4 door car the Charger. As you well know, the original Charger was a coupe.

Hi there Taz and Scott,

Thanks for the feedback on the 2006 Dodge Charger! I myself, have had the chance to see one in person and I noticed that some of the contours of the original still remain present. For example, the bulge on the rear quarter panel for the new Charger highly resembles that of the one in the 1970's and the front of the vehicle has also retained it's menacing look; something that a muscle car should most definitely have.

One of the main reasons why the 2006 Dodge Charger was released a 4 door sedan rather than the original 2 door Chargers of the 1970's is because it replaced the Dodge Intrepid as Dodge's large sedan.

Another thing to note is that the Dodge Charger was re-designed with an important goal in mind: The successful coupling of timeless power engineering, in the way of the available 5.7L HEMI V8 (340/350 hp) and the 6.1L HEMI V8 (425 hp), together with the contemporary demand for utility. Join these two together and you get a powerful combination (pun intended) of legendary muscle with the capabilities of a family vehicle.

As of now, we have yet to receive any information regarding any plans to produce the new Charger as a 2 door. However, with constantly shifting market trends, I wouldn't discount the possibility of it being offered as a 2 door in the future.

If you guys have any other comments or questions, by all means post away. I'd be more than happy to help...

Miguel M.
    Marketing Representative
    Dodge Information Center
    1-800-4A-DODGE(6343)
    www.dodge.com
    [email protected]

Hi i'm Tony, AKA Prius.

I liek the whole muscle revial thing, espically with the daytona model, but I'm just wondering why Chrysler wanted to abondon the whole cab-foward thing they spent years on and intriguated into every model they offered and went back to a classic design.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

hello, sam aka whiteballz -

good to see a dodge advertiser on UCP. good information dude
    What sort of market is the charger trying to fill? youve said large sedan, but what niche target?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Hey Muguel,
    First of all: welcome to UCP. Now my question: is Dodge going to make a coupe version of the Charger?
    -GT_F1
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by GT F1
    Hey Muguel,
    First of all: welcome to UCP. Now my question: is Dodge going to make a coupe version of the Charger?
    -GT_F1
    Here's the answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeInfoCenter
    Hi there Taz and Scott,

Thanks for the feedback on the 2006 Dodge Charger! I myself, have had the chance to see one in person and I noticed that some of the contours of the original still remain present. For example, the bulge on the rear quarter panel for the new Charger highly resembles that of the one in the 1970's and the front of the vehicle has also retained it's menacing look; something that a muscle car should most definitely have.

One of the main reasons why the 2006 Dodge Charger was released a 4 door sedan rather than the original 2 door Chargers of the 1970's is because it replaced the Dodge Intrepid as Dodge's large sedan.

Another thing to note is that the Dodge Charger was re-designed with an important goal in mind: The successful coupling of timeless power engineering, in the way of the available 5.7L HEMI V8 (340/350 hp) and the 6.1L HEMI V8 (425 hp), together with the contemporary demand for utility. Join these two together and you get a powerful combination (pun intended) of legendary muscle with the capabilities of a family vehicle.

As of now, we have yet to receive any information regarding any plans to produce the new Charger as a 2 door.

However, with constantly shifting market trends, I wouldn't discount the possibility of it being offered as a 2 door in the future.

If you guys have any other comments or questions, by all means post away. I'd be more than happy to help...

Miguel M.
    Marketing Representative
    Dodge Information Center
    1-800-4A-DODGE(6343)
    www.dodge.com
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Here's the answer:
    Whoops. Sorry.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by GT F1
    Whoops. Sorry.
    Hello guys,

Thanks for the replies!
    Prius,
    The cab forward design hasn't necessarily been abandoned. In essence, what Dodge has done is bring back the RWD configuration for the purpose of maintaining stability in vehicles - like the Dodge Charger and the Dodge Magnum - which are tailored for performance. As you may or may not know, a vehicle with a powerful engine if manufactured with a cab forward design or FWD during first gear, will have a tendency to fishtail. To prevent this, Dodge reintroduced the RWD configuration and coupled it with the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) to ensure maximum control during the initial gear launch.

whiteballz,
    The target market majority is for males (65%) college
    graduates with a mean age of 46, and a mean annual
    income of around $75,000. Most are married (65%) and
    half have children. They may prefer the sporty look
    of a coupe, but often need the backseat roominess and
    four-door convenience of a sedan. They want a vehicle
    that looks great and stands out from the crowd. Additionally,
    they insist that any car they drive have the power and
    performance to deliver on the looks — making them perfect
    prospects for Dodge Charger. The niche target is for previous Charger owners/enthusiasts.

If anyone has any other questions, by all means...it would be my pleasure to be of assistance...

Miguel M.
    Marketing Representative
    Dodge Information Center
    1-800-4-ADODGE/1-800-423-6343
    www.Dodge.com
    [email protected]

After seeing the Daytona in person I have come to like this car a lot, even though im a GM guy. But if I was going to buy one it would be the 425HP STR8 version

The UCP team used a Charger SE as a rental car during our visit to the Monterey happenings last August. Taking into account a selling price of about 23-24k US$ that looks like a favourable offer. In absolute terms we were not that impressed with the car, the quality of the materials is mediocre at best, and the low price really shows. In other words it is a cheap car. The 3.5 litre V6 is supposed to produce 250 BHP but with the autobox and a full complement of three persons with luggage and cameras not much of that was left to make the car move forward enthusiastically. Steering was a bit vague around the middle position, in spite of the fact that RWD construction allows razor sharp steering if required. I have to say that the car drew a lot of attention, especially when we took a it for a photoshoot near the Golden Gate Bridge.
    The similar sized Chrysler 300D is offered now in Europe with a 3.2 litre 224 BHP Mercedes V6 diesel engine, which, according to the first recorde driving makes it comparable to the hemi powered version. The Charger would surely benefit from such an engine too, especially as the mileage would be much better too. Apparently that is now going to be a major factor in the USA as well, finally.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Guest Guest
    i hate to say this, but taz said that advertising is spamming yet you did it twice more

Thread Information