First off hello all, it's been a while.

I've been thinking on and off for a while about what car to purchase. The problem I keep running into is based on a few things:

Is it unique: I want a car that you don't see everyday. Every other shmuck has a Mustang or 3 series. They're great cars but I think after a while I'd get buyers remorse with one of them, wouldn't seem very special.

Maintenance: on the other hand, it can't be really unique and exotic either. I can't afford to service an imported Lancia or a 30 year old Ferrari. Gas mileage should be respectable as well. That stuff ain't cheap.

Performance: I'm 23, won't be young forever. Would like a sportier car before its off to the land of minivans and hatches. Doesnt have to be stupid fast, but a car that can comfortably do 100 mph would be nice. Handling is more important here though as I don't really speed too far past the limit.

Price: I'm out of debt completely and starting to save a nice chunk of money. I figure I'd be buying by the time I hit 25 (a little over a year from now) when my insurance rate drops considerably -- my driving record is spotless. Couple parking tickets is about it. Figured budget will be in the 25k range, USD.

All that being said, I keep steering towards the NSX. I think it fits the bill for what my criteria states but I haven't done much research on them. I'm sure a few of you can chime in about the car and what to expect when buying one that's close to 15 years old. Im looking to buy outright, not lease btw.

Is it a good idea or should I bury my dream?