View Poll Results: Who will take out the Championship?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Craig Lowndes

11 64.71%
  • Rick Kelly

3 17.65%
  • Don't Know, To Hard To Tell

1 5.88%
  • I Don't Give A Damn!

2 11.76%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: V8 Supercars: Round 13 Phillip Island, Caterpillar Finale

Doesnt matter we all know Toyota's rule da world
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Yes and the contact would go down as a racing incident if they both went off. or just kelly. He should have just done a bright that's legal i here.

So basically kelly could have went into the corner too fast, Locked the brakes and hit craig in the rear sending him forward off the line and then pass him?
    Just like Bright?
    If he locked his brakes there would be a chance he would go around too

Of course it's fair it's racing, Ambrose wanted ford help in his winning years and everyone expected it.. But did he get it no. He wasn't happy one bit about it.. And now i would say he would be sitting watching saying i wish i had some help like that but i had too do it myself.

You can plan for many things but in the end they needed too get the cars up front. That isnt a plan so easy too achieve. Do we think if 88 got in front of Kelly that he wouldn't have blocked??

Holding a driver up, Could be seen as defending a position. It's been said on the other side of the fence many times.

From now on when ever someone gets behind the 888 car and it's defending it's position, The driver behind will get on the blower and complain about it.
    There has been comments from people at the track saying lowndes was blocking earlier then that one corner.

Race 2 he had the faster car before the pits, And after the mistake of the wheel and then changing the one side of tyres he suffered with speed. But before that he had been in front of CL by a couple of seconds. And would have come out in front of Tander. Who was also struggling with the same tyre choice error. But as for race 3 kelly was on it hard and they changed from changing one side of tyres too doing the rears only. From what i could see in the first 3 laps was he this time had the car right on. It's not unusual for drivers too fiddle with the car going into the stage, there's not that many things they can do in the car.. But from race 1-2 they had rear grip problems and the idea too change rears was perfect as tander showed in the last race. Something they should have done in race 1-2.

Race 2 tander was much slower then race 1-3.. Do you really think tander is going too stop kelly from passing him with the championship on the line? Will he protect his team mate?
    If fast enough do you think CL's team mate would run block for him? Like MSN said when he spun he deliberately turned the other way too avoid hitting CL which put him in the path of another car. So given the chance with Kelly behind him do you think he would open the door for him?

You mean deffending his postion? It's hard too travel fast deffending. It wasnt 1.5 sec slower i didnt see that. Who ever does that right up needs bigger letter it's hard too see.
    What i did see was kelly had the faster lap over CL. But before the pit again on the V8's page.
    At the end of the day, it wasn't just about blocking, but about slowing up Lowndes. I feel that if they didn't slow down Lowndes, and let through Rick, the day could have very well ended differently.

What's done is done, there's no point arguing about nothing. The protest was dismissed, there's nothing more Ford can do (except take it higher again). Let's remember though, if Will Davison didn't hit Craig, then he surely would have won courtesy of Rick's drive through.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Doesnt matter we all know Toyota's rule da world
    ^Agreed Charged.
    Love to see an Aurion V8 Supercar. Won't happen though. Think the road car is controversial? An Aurion V8 Supercar would be like the end of the world to many people.

Anyway, SlickHolden, I've heard you admit to enjoying driving Fords on occasion - one Territory in particular.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    On the FF Forum i was accussed of this.

I always say "Holden is better Ford is shit" What does everyone think.
    They are all just pissed off that Rick kept the title
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thread Information