Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 F1 predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Knuto View Post
    But would the higher positioning of the wing give cleaner air for the wing and also cleaner air for the follower car, helping overtaking?
    I would hope so. I'm no expert but the removal of all the rediculous aero bits coupled with the hightened/simplified wing should provide for less 'turbulence'.. for lack of a better term.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

we should see higher speeds on straight parts but lower in bends, even if slick tires should help in this part. unfortunately, tires can make a huge difference. don't get me wrong, it always good if the overall performance can be improved, but I've been kinda tired by sticky tires in MotoGP used for about one single lap. almost selfish.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

FIA has reached an agreement with the manufacturers.
    Three races per engine, 5 mln per year development cost and no standard engine. Let the accountants roll in...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    FIA has reached an agreement with the manufacturers.
    Three races per engine, 5 mln per year development cost and no standard engine. Let the accountants roll in...
    just for the engine or general costs?!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    just for the engine or general costs?!
    for the engine
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

What about "safety" features on the engine?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Twenty-Oh-Nine predictions!

In 2009 the engines will have a greater effect on overall performance due to the reduced areo on the cars.

Thus the Red cars and the Silver Arrows will be more closely followed by their customer engined cars.

Poor Seb. Vettel will suffer and may even be fighting the Force India's & Honda's for position!

If Williams can "buy" the correct engine, Nico may be the years brightest shining star.

BMW will shadow their poor second half performance this year with a major drop off in performance and fall back into a tight middle pack.

Toyota will leave F1 for good, but may complete the 2009 season first.

Red Bull will again be soundly beat by STR due to the engine performance.

Renault will be in close fight for third in the CC purely on Alonso's strength as Nelshino will be replaced prior the last race of the year.

And one last grim prediction (I'm hoping this one doesn't materialize), but there hasn't been a fatality in F1 in some years and the law averages tends to be cruel in such a dangerous sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuto View Post
    Also the efficiency of the diffuser is lowered due to moving the rear wing. But would the higher positioning of the wing give cleaner air for the wing and also cleaner air for the follower car, helping overtaking?
    I'm not sure about how the higher wing affects the wake coming off the car, but it has a bigger influence on the downforce it generates for the car. Same with the front wing being lowered.
    I am the Stig

Luca di montezemolo will smash up another TV set after losing the drivers title again, this time to Nelson Piquet Jnr... after the Ferrari of Massa spins on Lewis Hamiltons oil, both Massa and Hamo finish on equal points and have to share the number 2 for the first time in motorsport history on a week on week off basis. Jenson Button stuns the world by anouncing he will become the Honda team truck driver and part time cook due to the stress of being beaten soundly by his far older team mate after another near pointless season. And of course, Webber wins 5 GP's in a row and gets third in the championship, and a contract at Ferrari for next season.... hehe I wish.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Force India have joined forces with McLaren / Mercedes for engines and gearboxes: autosport.com - F1 News: Force India confirm Mercedes deal
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Force India have joined forces with McLaren / Mercedes for engines and gearboxes: autosport.com - F1 News: Force India confirm Mercedes deal
    If I understood it correctly, basically they will just build the chassis.
    I don't know if I don't like the idea, or if I would like for tema to do this, just to raise a little the overall pace.

I'm anxious to see how the cars are going to perform using the slick tire,and to see what new strides Force India will make with their new deal with Mclaren Mercedes.

I don't know if I don't like the idea, or if I would like for tema to do this, just to raise a little the overall pace.
    According to F1-Live. com they will also have access, to Mclarens network of suppliers, and Mclaren will also provide the gearboxes, and hydraulic systems.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    According to F1-Live. com they will also have access, to Mclarens network of suppliers, and Mclaren will also provide the gearboxes, and hydraulic systems.
    I was referring to Force India.
    a sort of reversed Red Bull Racing/Toro Rosso affair.

i predict that its going to be a 4 way battle between Hamiltom, Alonso, Kubica & Raikkonen.

Vettel will continue to shine although redbull havent been competitive, it ought to be with him driving.

BMW & RENAULT will be winning more in 09.

I also predict that Honda will get more points.

Thread Information