Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: favourite GT falcon

well how would u feel, being the proud owner of an EB gt, just for ford to release the equally powerful, ED XR8 sprint. same way most XR8 buyers would fell about getting blown away by an XR6T

all prviding they did get blown away. The ed sprint was cheaper also but it was lacking in all the creature comforts and was no faster so it all dpeneds on how you like your car.

well i think the sprint wouldve just edged out the GT

The sprint probly would of it more then liekly was lighter but they didnt fix one of the msallish problems in the car...the wipers didnt work at 180 km/h the wiper motors wenrt strong enough.

well that wouldnt of been much of an issue as you said, as anyone driving on public roads at 180km/h whilst its raining is a bloody dickhead

well ti sure would be a rude shock if you were driving it at that speed and whoops the wipers dont bloody work!

well it wouldve been a rude shock to most regardless of the speed. i doubt an ED would be able to stay on the road at those speeds in the wet anyway

Ive seen worse cars stay on the road on those speeds in the hail its not hard buy yopu would only want to go straight doing that.

theres probably a handfull of drivers out there who are gaim enough to try something that stupid, but going anything but straight in conditions like that, id consider suicide

Yeah and its that small number who ruin it for the rest of us its the stuopid young minrotiy that makes us now use green Ps and 2 year Ls and so on as well as their are most drivers on the road who speed meaning there are speed cameras every turn.

well several reports actually have found speed cameras may cause crashes rather than save them, from people frequently slowing down then speeding right back up to whatever speed they were at

And also the fact their not doing the best of jobs we need more police on our roads if we are to effectivly combat problems like that. As you said people slow down and then get back to what they were doing before.

well the government needs to get rid of the speed cameras as theyre not saving anyone, there's actually been a decrease in the decline of road deaths lately. they need to get all the revenue raised from them and work on fixing the rural roads and fixing up blind corners. theyre 2 things i can see that kill people on the roads, not speed. speed keeps drivers alert and trying to control that bores the hell out of people, thus causing fatigue. a higher police presence on the roads would probably help keep speeding at an acceptable level, and since they wouldnt be fixed, it would be harder to speed/slow down/ get back up to speed like with whats happening with the cameras

Well i view that modern cars with ultra smooth irs,power sterring and all that stuff wouldent help someone who isnt as dedicated a driver as a true enthusiest. And dont forget that speed does kill and blah blah blah i think another terrible thing are people who put tvs and massive DOOF DOOF steros in their cars having music which is rattling the car cant help your concetration and ive seen cars where its so loud its moving the mirriors in diffrent poistions and they couldent even hear a horn ring or a srien if they wanted too.

Speed is relative. 200kmh on an autobahn with all traffic (preferably not much) travelling at the same speed in the same direction with good visibility in roadworthy cars might be considered safe. From that sentence alone it takes a lot going right to make it a safe speed. Experience, common sense, respect for other drivers needs and safety, concentration and attentiveness (throw in good luck) are what I beleive to be the basic requirements. If every driver had those qualities you wouldnt need any speed limits. Unfortunately they give licences to ****wits with few if any of them. I should know. When I was 16 they gave me one. I probably wasnt the worst driver around but I would have to say that after a couple of near misses Im lucky to be here. If I had to say what caused most of my prangs and near misses was lack of concentration or inattentiveness.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information