Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 4 championship on UCP

Talking Gran Turismo 4 championship on UCP

When GT4 comes out later this year i was thinking that it might be a good idea if all the guys at UCP who are getting the game could have competitions between eachother. What i would like to do is;

Once a week ( Sunday) make a new thread announcing last weeks winner and the points so far. Any member that wants to enter would send me a Pm and i would make a thread in that post saying who that weeks entereants would be.

To start with I would choose the first, say two tracks that we have got to race on that week, with the intention being that the member with the fastest time for each track wins. i was thinking that a 5 or 10 lap race would be best (get bact to me and decide)

the winner then chooses the next two tracks for the next week, if one person doesnt win (meaning that it 2 members have won, one on the first track and one on the second) then, 1 member will choose one track and the other will choose the second track.

I am not sure at the moment if there should be a specific car that you should be made to use for both the tracks, maybee you guys could tell me about that.

you WILL NOT have to have your PS2 online, just post you time on the thread. any no cheating

The points syatem will be as follows, unless i think of another better way to set it out,

1st Earns 8 point
    2nd Earns 6 points
    3rd Earns 5 points
    4th Earns 4 points
    5th Earns 3 points
    6th Earns 2 points

anyway this was just a thaught that i had for you guys.

please get back to me on this and tell me what your views are
    Last edited by mustang123; 05-14-2004 at 01:36 PM.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

i'd be up too that.....

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    i'd be up too that.....

good i will prob still need to finalize a few things such as what cars we are allowed to use bacuse it wont be fair if people who have had the game for ages and race F1 cars are going against newbies in a toyota Yaris/ Vitz, but i will be looking for some inspiration from you guys here
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

im not getting it but abowt the car thing

you know on gt3 there is groups of cars like the a,b,c classes.

if they have groups like that on gt4 then the person that wins each week could say that "the cars we are racing in this week have to be in group A"

or something like that

just an idea.
    wat you dont understand, is that i make love to my hand....so i dont need you honey, i beat my dik liek it owes me money
    !!

Quote Originally Posted by challenger
    im not getting it but abowt the car thing

you know on gt3 there is groups of cars like the a,b,c classes.

if they have groups like that on gt4 then the person that wins each week could say that "the cars we are racing in this week have to be in group A"

or something like that

just an idea.

you and your bro can just have a two player!

Or instread of group A or B, how about a power restriction, for example less than 200 HP street cars, or 500-650 HP race cars. It might be easier than having classes from the arcade mode. And along with the time a member would have to list the car as welll as any and all mods it has.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Quote Originally Posted by cp01ae
    Or instread of group A or B, how about a power restriction, for example less than 200 HP street cars, or 500-650 HP race cars. It might be easier than having classes from the arcade mode. And along with the time a member would have to list the car as welll as any and all mods it has.

thats a good idea, so is the class one, that way if we were using the casr from the class i would mean that they had no mods on and make it better competition.

anymore suggestions wil be greatly appreciated.

sounds good to me. Definitely gettin it Its what PS2's are for!!

this has nothing to do with this but on gt3 wot is your fastest car

i have a viper that tops out at 452kph or mph(wotever it is)

i was just wondering if any of you have anyting that goes faster or anything that goes over 400 mph
    wat you dont understand, is that i make love to my hand....so i dont need you honey, i beat my dik liek it owes me money
    !!

this has nothing to do with this but on gt3 wot is your fastest car

i have a viper that tops out at 452kph or mph(wotever it is)

i was just wondering if any of you have anyting that goes faster or anything that goes over 400 mph
    probally the suzuki pikes peak...thing/rocket

yeh i have that up to 1780 hp

but its still no where near the viper
    !!

yeh i have that up to 1780 hp

but its still no where near the viper
    which viper is it????? i probally have it, did you mod it to max???

its only the viper gts

and yes modded to the max
    !!

ps2

do you have all a psp i have only a pc and i want that sonny got to make a gt for computor to
    it would sell like mad

Quote Originally Posted by eros
    do you have all a psp i have only a pc and i want that sonny got to make a gt for computor to
    it would sell like mad

it would be good if Sony made it for PC because it would mean that more people would be able to enter in my comp. the only problem is that you would prob have to have one hell of a graphics card and all the latest drivers for your pc. which could also mean that all of us using the old Pc's either wouldnt be able to use the game or that we would have to upgrade/ buy a new pc which can be quite expensive.

Thread Information