Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is WRC the only true racing series left?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Have you seen the last race at Talladega? They crashed on a restart as soon as they hit the start/finish line! There is no skill involved in that series, you just have to be on a good team to do well. No wonder they welcomed Danica with open arms, she's good at crashing
    Well, when you have 40 cars chomping at the bit on the restart in close quarters, all it takes is a small nudge and somebody going sideways to make a huge mess.

To answer the original question, I would say yes, but only to Group N. It's the "closest" you can get to production based racing in rally but not the only production-based class. In America, for instance, there's still Speed World Challenge classes where they take mostly stock cars with rollcages and brake/tire upgrades and race them.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

What racing series do you watch kotr?

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Well, when you have 40 cars chomping at the bit on the restart in close quarters, all it takes is a small nudge and somebody going sideways to make a huge mess.

To answer the original question, I would say yes, but only to Group N. It's the "closest" you can get to production based racing in rally but not the only production-based class. In America, for instance, there's still Speed World Challenge classes where they take mostly stock cars with rollcages and brake/tire upgrades and race them.
    Or there are even more showroom stock class racing in SCCA.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What racing series do you watch kotr?
    Not as many as I used to since I dropped Speed from my cable bill. I've been sort of getting back into NASCAR and World Challenge (production-based touring cars) racing here and there. I follow Petter Solberg's WRC car through the season so there's a bit of that. Can't forget F1 too; I usually catch the Australiasia races because they end by 2 in the morning.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information