Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bolwell Nagari returns

Bolwell Nagari returns

Taken from PFforums
    Bolwell Nagari returns?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently Bolwell are going backing to their roots and making a modern reincarnation of their classic Nagari. Here's the blurb on it;

Quote:
    Bolwell Nagari launch for Melbourne
    One of Australia 's sports car legends will be re-born in February when the all-new Bolwell Nagari is revealed at the Melbourne International Motor Show.
    The new Nagari is the dream car of Campbell Bolwell, who built the original Nagari in the 1970s in collaboration with his brother Graeme.

Like its namesake, the new Nagari embodies the latest and best of high-performance sports car technology, which has moved on immensely in three decades. The new Nagari is a mid-engined carbon fibre composite monocoque coupe powered by a quad-cam, supercharged, 3 litre V6, whereas the original Nagari carried its 5 litre V8 up front in a steel backbone
    chassis clad in fibreglass.

Fifty years ago Campbell Bolwell began designing and building sports cars, and today he has created a true successor to his original Nagari, with unique styling, low volume exclusivity and high quality workmanship. Performance targets include a 0-100 km/h time of 4 seconds, achieved through a classic combination of light weight – under 900 kg – and the power of a supercharged Toyota V6, generally similar to that developed by Toyota for the TRD Aurion.

All-wishbone suspension also draws on classic concepts of ultra-soft springing with lots of control for large suspension movement and fine handling.
    The interior is roomy and sensible with good access and comfortable performance seating for a driver and passenger up to at least 195 cm (6'5”) tall.

Bolwell Car Company

Old

New

Hopefully the become a reality
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

i really love the old ones, and i'm glad they're making a return - hell anything that weighs less than a ton is welcome - but i'll have to see how the V6 turns out, and some of the styling doesn't really seem original..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Power to weight should be alright as theya re using the supercharged TRD 3.5, the looks, still not sure about looks a bit like the barstard son of a lotus and Ferrari

Original still looks the go. The reincarnation is a mash of all the generic bits and pieces of modern supercar automotive design *sigh*
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Power to weight should be alright as theya re using the supercharged TRD 3.5, the looks, still not sure about looks a bit like the barstard son of a lotus and Ferrari
    The headlights remind me a little bit of a 956/962.

The front looks F575, no mistake, the back 512, good combo i guess
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Jaguar called - they want there flying buttresses back.

in all seriousness, good on em for having a go. even Noble started somewhere.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_ View Post
    Original still looks the go.
    ^ What he said. Who cares if they couldn't make it rear-mid engined, that's a much better design than this bastard son of an Exige.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    ^ What he said. Who cares if they couldn't make it rear-mid engined, that's a much better design than this bastard son of an Exige.
    Exactly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Front boot vents look like a GT40 and the wheels are from the ROH catalouge.

Nice to see them comming back its been since the 80s with their ill fated golf powerd mk VII since we have seen them and they are only rember for the nagari and sometimes their holden powerd earlier models.

For those who dont know bolwell started out as a fibreglass manufactuor that tryed their hands (with reasonble sucsess) at making cars from their products. Their most sucsessful car the nagari which was powerd by a ford 351 clevland and a toploader with a custom shift quick shift linkage could cut a high 13 1/4 (faster then the GTHO and valient charger) thanks to its highpower low weight and also (for the time rember cars where shaped like bricks then) areodynmic bodyshape.

The cars where a constant work in progress so hardly any 2 where identical which is essentially what helped kill off the car the constant retooling and also inability to sell the cars to the lhd market (due to stringent crash testing laws in the us) and holdents killing off of the GTR-X ment ford didnt put anymore money into the prject eventually the car was abondoned and bolwell forcused on its fibreglass products and scooters again.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Am i the only one that has never herd of this?.

I have said before my car knowledge starts 1980 forward.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

The new one looks kind of ugly. Something's wrong with the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    ...still not sure about looks a bit like the barstard son of a lotus and Ferrari
    Yeah, with a hint of Fiero kit-car...

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Am i the only one that has never herd of this?.

I have said before my car knowledge starts 1980 forward.
    Slick, the nagari was a dream car for me when I was a kid, a guy next door to my uncle owned one. They are sex on wheels

Do a search on aussie race cars, you will be amazed at some of the cars that were built in this country.

I'll start you off -Veskanda, Kaditcha, Cheetah< google

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

It has the same wheels that were on my 200...

seriously though, that orginal drop top coupe looks HAWT. Do want. How much do they go for?
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information