Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Warfare 2

I'm still just using the First Recon inbuilt class, and I'm at lvl 12.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I've got a 10am lecture in the morning but i am totally addicted to Hardcore Team Deathmatch.

FYI, I look awesome with a throat mic.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

For me I like the Intervention with Glock 18 Sleight of Hand pro, Stopping Power and Steady aim pro, Or Vector with red dot, dual PP200s and same perks as above.
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    I've got a 10am lecture in the morning but i am totally addicted to Hardcore Team Deathmatch
    Shooting your own team in the back FTW.

I havent settled on any favourite classes yet. The way i play it i end up taking turns between my brother and some of my mates, so right now i'm only using 1 custom pack and just going through and upgrading the assault rifles. Done the M4 and SCAR-H so far (minus extended mags for both) and next up is the TAR-21. Both the M4 and SCAR-H i had the ACOG and either underslung shotty, FMJ or silencer.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post

I havent settled on any favourite classes yet. The way i play it i end up taking turns between my brother and some of my mates, so right now i'm only using 1 custom pack and just going through and upgrading the assault rifles. Done the M4 and SCAR-H so far (minus extended mags for both) and next up is the TAR-21. Both the M4 and SCAR-H i had the ACOG and either underslung shotty, FMJ or silencer.
    This is one of the first times I have ever heard of the TAR actually being featured in a major action/war game....how is it?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

lol the TAR has been in all the rainbow six games.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Used some ACR today. Not sure what to think of it. It's like a second M4 to me at the moment. Still recommend the SCAR-H, only headshots please.

Silenced SPAS is entertaining. No so much to use but the idea behind a silenced pump shotty is funny.

Has anyone had successful kills with claymores? I use it when sniping sometimes (set it up behind me in case I get back-doored by a baddie), but all I get is damage and not a kill and then I get murdered from behind because I can't turn around in time. I need the secret to success, should there be any.

silenced spas? LOL
    set the claymores off to the side of a door, not facing them, so they run through the door into the kill arc (remember it takes a sec to detonate)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    lol the TAR has been in all the rainbow six games.
    I gave up on those a while ago; I do remember some downloadable-content type things for some of the early Ghost Recon games, and those sometimes had TAR + variants.

Never really got into those games much though....the friendly AI's always were simply too lacking to be of real use, and the games always seemed to be designed to either A) rely on those computer team mates, or B) plan out your attacks with them, which was always a little aggravating, to say the least.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

For all interested - Xbox Shenanigans are in play.

EDIT: shenanigans complete.

Good game mitch, youre an absolute ace with the nade launcher...
    Last edited by whiteballz; 11-17-2009 at 05:25 AM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    This is one of the first times I have ever heard of the TAR actually being featured in a major action/war game....how is it?
    No complaints yet, but i dont think it'll be as good as the M4 and SCAR-H which i'm expecting to be the assault class leaders. I'm looking forward to using the ACR though. Probably wont bother much with the FAL, M16 and FAMAS due to their fire modes.
    I am the Stig

FYI the SCAR in game is SCAR-H that shoots 7.62x51 round, vs the ACR(Magpul Masada) in game is a 5.56x45 round....Although ACR is available in different caliber in real life, as well as SCAR.

In game so far I am still just using the TAR-21 + RDS in one loadout, and FAMAS + ACOG in another. With the fast reload thing, stopping power, and commando.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I was aware of that. The SCAR-L is the one chambered for the 5.56mm, but i guess that didnt get in as its a glorified M4.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    A) rely on those computer team mates, or B) plan out your attacks with them, which was always a little aggravating, to say the least.
    That is why the original Ghost Recon and Raven Shield were so cool. I loved making your own tactical plans for the teams and setting up their gear for the missions.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post

I played several rounds just like that. Most hilarious thing ever. Our entire team was just killing each other.

I'm the same as your with the classes thing too. Just sort of experimenting. Never played Modern Warfare 1 past my involvement with the multiplayer beta so not hot on perks and such. I think I am currently using the SCAR with Holo scope, throwing knife and flash grenades. Scavenger Pro, Hardline Pro and Steady Aim. Seems to work, got a load of other random combos in other classes just to try stuff out.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Thread Information