Thread: The really ultimate CAR:V8 S4 cabrio

Thumbs up The really ultimate CAR:V8 S4 cabrio

If you,for a minute,thought that the Audi cabrio A4 was the latest in its series you clearly must have gone nuts.
    Because Audi has now offered its Cabriolet a gigantic 4.2 litre V8 Developing 339bhp at 7000rpm & a choice of two gearboxes:
    Automatic 6 speed allowing the car to hit 100 kmh in 6.2 secs or even more lovely 6 speed MANUAL that gives the car an acceleration figure of 5.9 secs to its first 100 kmh!!
    Max. speed should be no less than 155 mph.
    The S4 cabriolet will also have an all wheel drive transmission system eqipped as standard.

Other options include:
    18-inch alloys, colour-coded bumpers with large air inlets, xenon headlights with a titanium inner housing, large-bore tailpipes, polished aluminium door mirrors, grey instrument dials, electrically adjustable Recaro sports seats and a leather-rimmed sports steering wheel.
    So if you're planning to have one you'd better prepare your self for paying a lot of money as a tiny standard 1.6 A4 is being sold here for a round 45.000 $ & that's the exact reason why you'll possibly never do.....
    Last edited by kinan.f; 09-04-2003 at 05:11 AM.

totally unimpressed

A V8 in such a small car and it takes it 6.2 seconds to get to a 100km/h ??? An M3 convertible does it in 5 seconds flat if not even faster, and thats with an inline 6.

And where exactly is a tiny standard A4 1.6 sold for 45,000 US dollars ?? Is that in Syria ?

Re: totally unimpressed

Originally posted by Misho
    A V8 in such a small car and it takes it 6.2 seconds to get to a 100km/h ??? An M3 convertible does it in 5 seconds flat if not even faster, and thats with an inline 6.
    The M3 Convertible needs 5.5 secs to hit 100 kmh not 5.0 secs.
    TopGear's roadtest of the M3 convertible
    The S4 cabrio needs 5.9 secs & that's not much behind the M3 considering that it is an all wheel drive car while the M3 is a rear wheel drive car.

Re: totally unimpressed

And where exactly is a tiny standard A4 1.6 sold for 45,000 US dollars ?? Is that in Syria ?
    You win

Re: Re: totally unimpressed

Originally posted by kinan.f
    You win
    I hope the prize will be one of these cars !!

Re: Re: totally unimpressed

Originally posted by kinan.f
    The M3 Convertible needs 5.5 secs to hit 100 kmh not 5.0 secs.
    TopGear's roadtest of the M3 convertible
    The S4 cabrio needs 5.9 secs & that's not much behind the M3 considering that it is an all wheel drive car while the M3 is a rear wheel drive car.
    obviously these guys at Top Gear aren't the best of drivers around ! The guys at Car & Driver managed a 4.7 second sprint to 100km/h in a hard top M3. And if you take the 0.3 second difference between the times posted by the coupe and convertible versions of the S4 as the standard, then the convertible M3 should get to 100km/h in 5 seconds flat !!

Re: Re: Re: totally unimpressed

I hope the prize will be one of these cars !!
    Hehehe...In ur dreams

Re: Re: Re: totally unimpressed

obviously these guys at Top Gear aren't the best of drivers around ! The guys at Car & Driver managed a 4.7 second sprint to 100km/h in a hard top M3. And if you take the 0.3 second difference between the times posted by the coupe and convertible versions of the S4 as the standard, then the convertible M3 should get to 100km/h in 5 seconds flat !!
    Okay forget about TopGear....How about official BMW figures?
    Coupe hits 100 kmh in 5.2 secs.
    Convertible needs 5.5 secs.
    You're gonna say that BMW drivers aren't the best drivers for their machines & that the guys at Car & Driver are better I guess!!!
    And may you tell me where to find a coupe version of the S4 cause I can't find one...

ok , u know what i mean !!!

all i know is that they managed the 0-100km/h in 4.7 as compared to the 5 point something anyone else got. so what do u think of that.

as for the coupe issue , u know what i mean !!! no need to discuss that further !! :P

A bigger image of the lovely S4:

Thread Information