Thread: Unknown: Prewar or later rebody?

Unknown: Prewar or later rebody?

I feel very bad about this, I don't even know the marque...

The picture was taken during a rally in Chile (not by me, though)

It looks as if it could be a special project, e.g. by the Argentinian firm Pur Sang, who did specials in such a style earlier.

Can anybody clarify?

It looks very much like 1939 Lagonda V12 Le Mans - I think it's either that (I don't know how many of them do still exist) or its replica.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    It looks very much like 1939 Lagonda V12 Le Mans - I think it's either that (I don't know how many of them do still exist) or its replica.
    I believe both still exist and this is not one of them. Several others have been converted to resemble the Le Mans cars.

This is one of the originals: 1939 Lagonda V12 Le Mans - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Last edited by faksta; 09-13-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Yes, it must be the same car; in the site referred to they are mentioning the same rally in Chile. Also the front fenders are identical to the first picture, these are higher, more massive than others.

So a 1939 Lagonda V12 Le Mans Replica it must be. Built by ?

The other sites mention Le Mans Replica's for sale, difficult to say if they are the same.. No pictures.

Thanks for the rapid reactions!
    Last edited by J.J.Horst; 09-13-2009 at 11:56 AM.

Jaap, any idea of the date when your picture was taken?
    The H&H description gives a fairly detailed overview of the whereabouts of the car they had on offer, and Latin America is not one of the places.
    I have seen several replicas and most of them are darker green than the one in the picture. Only Faksta's link shows a bright green example, which might be the car in question.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

This one looks taller than the original.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Jaap, any idea of the date when your picture was taken?
    The H&H description gives a fairly detailed overview of the whereabouts of the car they had on offer, and Latin America is not one of the places.
    I have seen several replicas and most of them are darker green than the one in the picture. Only Faksta's link shows a bright green example, which might be the car in question.
    I believe the Rally was in August, this year.

Thread Information