Thread: HayabusaSMARTCAR/Mini-Busa/Z-Cars!!!

HayabusaSMARTCAR/Mini-Busa/Z-Cars!!!

I know this is probably not really anything new(especially if u live in Europe) but I recently discovered a Smart Car with a Suzuki Hayabusa engine in it and it is ridiculous...Now Ive heard of taking a Hayabusa Engine and putting it in other things but this was crazy!!! I also discovered they put them in Older Mini Coopers too, and race them in the UK and I read on the website that they are called "Z Cars"??? I thought that this was really cool and those lil things are Crazy Fast & I first saw them on Youtube & I know a lil about them and would like to know more....I mean I live in the USA and we have lil cars ppl race called "Dwarf Cars" but these are usually raced on a dirt track and the "Z cars" in the UK look more intersting to me....So if anyone out there has more Videos, Pics, or Info about this I would appreciate learning more....thanks....

Video of SmartCar-Hayabusa:

YouTube - Smart with Hayabusa engine
    YouTube - SmartHAYABUSA

Z Cars Race Mini Haybusa:

YouTube - ZCars Mini Hayabusa Race

it's been done for quite awhile, a mechanic whom i get parts off has a mini (trayback) with, if i remember correctly, thehead from a motorcylce engine grafted onto a mini engine of some type.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Z-Cars

There you go. Read up.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

theyre called a smartuki a friend of mines knows the guy who does them. quick cars but the noise sounds funny coming from one of those cars :P

this has been done with suzuki cappucino's too hasn't it?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

it's been done with quite a bit of small cars, the non-american small cars that is

there are american small cars?

Minibusa means austin mini with suzuki hayabusa engine. The engine developes 175bhp, the car weights around 600kg, that is 292bhp/T, you can achieve acceleration from 0-100km/h (0-62mph) in less than 4s. Top speed, keep it under 200km/h (124mph/h, considering it is a small car). Now, there are cases by fitting in turbo or even twin turbo in the car, to achieve some real power (450bhp-500bhp), however, the wheel base of mini is small, in fact too small to cope with so much power and torque (mini is rear wheel drive), that only brings massive wheel spin and no control! Recently, Z cars is trying to implement 4WD system in mini, that will likely solve the problem, 4WD will eliminate massive wheel spin and bring great traction (considering all new lambos from audi). When you strip off the chassis, you will descover mini is actually a karting car, it is designed to race and it is quite balanced. So, if you widen the wheel base a bit, take a 200-240bhp engine, using slicks on a dry track, you will be able to take over most ferraris. It is in fact, that good!

Thread Information