Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ford Falcon BA XR6 Mark 11 Road Test

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    It shares a passing resemblance to the current Aston Martin interiors, with the prominent centre column, but i dont know if they'd go so far as to share parts.
    Well dont forget the majority of fpvs staff are ex tickford i dont think its a coincidence
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Ah yes but i think FPV in the majority of cases are told to work with what theyre given, although that probably changed when Prodrive got involved.

For those not in the know, the now retired David Flint, who ran Tickford Australia since its inception was the ex Aston Martin CEO guy
    I am the Stig

Ahh maybe thats the connection with Aston, Even jag has the similar centre screen, I seen a pic of a 05 model very similar but hard to tell as they use black a bit and i cant find a big good pic.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    Compare the attached photos of the UK Mondeo's interior with the AUS Falcon's posted by motorsportnerd. Which one looks as though it's less of a parts-bin special and higher quality? Maybe interior design quality is slightly down on the Falcon as a sort of "way" of keeping the price down? Once again, not saying this IS the case, just that it MIGHT BE.
    No doubting where the inspiration for the Falcon's dashboard came from - Ford Australia made no secret of the fact they used the Mondeo's dash as a starting point.
    As to quality - I have driven the current Mondeo while in NZ. The plastics seemed hard and coarse to me - but were well put together. Being the newer design, it seemed to me the Falcon has the higher quality, better "feel" dashboard plastics - though they are still pretty hard and coarse. And having driven numerous BA Falcon's I've yet to have reason to criticise how well put together the Falcon's dash is - it is well built.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

One of the things that bugs me is that european cars have tendancy of expiring where our cars just keep going.....so you have options sitting there with a radio knob in your hand or sitting their waiting for a tow truck...i dont know about you but i can live with out a radio
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

I think where reliability became more of a concern for us than for Europeans is how many of us may find themselves 200 miles in the middle of nowhere trying to get somewhere, whilst with how populated Europe has become, your never too far away from help.
    I am the Stig

^ reminds me of a certain Saab at 3am in the morning on the outskirts of Canberra
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I think where reliability became more of a concern for us than for Europeans is how many of us may find themselves 200 miles in the middle of nowhere trying to get somewhere, whilst with how populated Europe has become, your never too far away from help.
    fair comment i was more being immture and as difficult as some people who are ragging on the locals

But still the thought of lucas electric equiped car going zap on the side of the autobahn and tilt tray being needed isnt a thought i like the idea of (and apprently you get fined for breaking down running out of fuel in some countrys along the autobahn)

I was stuck in the middle of nowhere with 200km from home, I got home with 2 gears I don't think many overseas cars would do that when 40deg heat outside and 300,000km ish on the clock. Not even once did it over heat.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by clutch
    ^ reminds me of a certain Saab at 3am in the morning
    Running fast and fine till u hoppped behind the wheel
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

^^^ now now boys. I knew i shoulve just dropped you both home
    The Datto will rage again...

you said it could take the abuse!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

europeans cant take abuse from aussie convicts and colonists... i thought we all knew that
    The Datto will rage again...

well, after that one british girl i see your point

Thread Information