Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two forthcoming Sydney Events - NRMA Motorfest Classic Display and A1 Grand Prix

Two forthcoming Sydney Events - NRMA Motorfest Classic Display and A1 Grand Prix

In the early part of the year, there's heaps of events to keep us motoring enthusiasts interested.
    Not only do we have the planned weekend to Melbourne for the Phillip Island Historic Meeting and the Melbourne Motor Show, there are two events on in Sydney in the next few weeks.
    First up is the NRMA Motorfest on Australia Day (next Friday 26th January). This event attracts 100s of classic cars every year and is sponsored and put on by the NRMA (for those who don't know the NRMA is the motorist's organisation in NSW, much like the RAC in Britain).
    I've been every year recently, and its great. Basically they close off Macquarie Street (which runs down past the NSW Parliament), and line cars up both sides of the street. Best of all, its free.
    So, anyone keen to meet up for that? Cost is the cost of getting into the centre of Sydney. More info here: http://www.australiaday.com.au/whats...spx?EventID=29

Second, Eastern Creek will host the second round of the A1 Grand Prix on February 4. I'm giving it some thought as to whether to go. Certainly, if there's at least one other person, my NRMA membership will get two of us in for $34.50 each rather than the normal $69. It should be an intersting event though. Again, anyone interested?
    The A1GP site here: http://www.a1gp.com/
    Prices here:https://www.a1gp.com/Tickets/Tickets.html

If anyone is interested, express your interest here. Also, PM me or talk to me on MSN so we can organise where and what time to meet up at either event.

Brendon
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

crap i wont be in sydney for both events
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

I'll should be heading past the NRMA one, as I'm in sydney for the BDO the day before, though will be recovering from the previous 2 days.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I shouldnt have any problems getting into the city on Friday, and i'll try and be there no later than 12pm. Ive talked to MSN about it, and hes going to try and get there around 11.

How many others are interested?

I should be able to make it - but will confirm later
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

i could probably swing that much cash..

ill be there probably
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Great, sounds like we've got a few starters.
    That's the great thing about free events - they're affordable.
    From experience, I know that there will be heaps of people there and finding each other might prove a minor challenge.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Due to a change in plans, I'm gonna be heading back early Friday morning so won't be able to make it
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

That's a shame.

Some photos from the Motorfest, lots of crowds so limited opportunities, and some of the cars we have seen at other events so the camera didn't come out that often.

1st set: Merc 220
    Attached Images Attached Images

Daimler I'm not sure about

And then some Citroens

Fiat 500s, and the 1st of the Abarth photos

More Abarth

A red Abarth, but with the boot closed....

A couple of Z cars

A pair of Saab 99s

And an illustration of the size difference between European and American cars.......

Thats all the pics I have that are worth posting

Couple of more photos:

1. Fiat 1900A; 2. Old Rolls Royce; 3. Rover SD1; 4 Austin 1100; 5 Ford Cortina Mk 4 six clyinder (Aussie assembled car with the Falcon's 4.1 litre OHV six); 6 Fiat 500 convertable.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 01-28-2007 at 04:05 AM.

Thread Information