Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Event Forum

Welcome to the Event Forum

Welcome to the Event Forum

Here you can share your own event reports from events and museums around the world. To maintain some order we have set up the following rules, which will be closely moderated. The plan is to have all members vote on the best event report every month with the winner featured on the main page.

Events Forum Rules:

1. Photographs can be of any event, so no bagging on anyone if their event is not automotive in nature.

2. Photographs posted MUST use the attachement feature and can not be shown inline.

3. Photographs posted MUST be at LEAST 1024 pixels (either vertical or horizontal).

4. When posting an event, post all details/text in the first post.

5. Do NOT reply until the original poster has posted all of their photographs.

6. Use the following format for thread titles: Event Name / Location / Date

7. Constructive comments are fine. Rude comments, personal attacks, and generally pointless posts are not.

This is not a rule, but I would like to see any event posted have at least 20 images.

This list maybe updated at anytime, so check it before posting a new event. I will keep a close eye on the proceedings, but if I overlook something please shoot me a PM.

Also, if anyone has input on improvements please feel free to shoot me a PM or discuss them in this thread.. There have already been discussions on how to subdivide the events, so look for that change once we get some events posted.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 10-12-2008 at 07:37 AM.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Welcome!

Thanks to Dino Scuderia for posting the first event: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...th-2008-a.html
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

If you have posted an event report in the past and would like it added here, please ask nopassn or the other moderators and they can move and restructure the thread according the rules.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

if we went to a car museum or a car show or something, would it be better to post cars in their specific pages in the hideout, or woudl you rather them be posted here in an event report?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    if we went to a car museum or a car show or something, would it be better to post cars in their specific pages in the hideout, or woudl you rather them be posted here in an event report?
    I would rather see an event report.

(Ted Joans)

Is it OK to place a long list of all business events in Europe, from the Automotive sector ? I keep one up-to-date each month, with names, adresses and more for school.

I guess my first report is of the excursion to Broekman Group/Rotterdam Car Terminal on October 28th. I organise this for my school, about once a month and each time to a different company. So far for 2008 we have the Broekman Group, DAF Trucks and Bosch/VDT planned. The only thing is that it is virtually impossible to take pictures whilst on the company terrains. They dont allow photography and it's pretty difficult to find good images. Would this be a problem for this section or should I pst anyway and scan some flyers and booklets from them then ? Maybe a Powerpoint slideshow if we are allowed to publish the sometimes deeply explained technical stuff with some notes taken from their whiteboards and stuff ??

Anyway, let me know. This section is a good idea, lets hope it gets nice and active !
    Last edited by drakkie; 10-12-2008 at 12:30 PM.

this is pretty cool, no chance of a bulk upload utility? but anyway, the idea is to post pics of trackdays and events right? i'll add a thread soon
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Is it OK to place a long list of all business events in Europe, from the Automotive sector ? I keep one up-to-date each month, with names, adresses and more for school.
    No, this forum is intended for event reports. If you want to list events, you can add them to the Calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    this is pretty cool, no chance of a bulk upload utility? but anyway, the idea is to post pics of trackdays and events right? i'll add a thread soon
    Yes exactly. Are there any of your previous reports we could move here?

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Yes exactly. Are there any of your previous reports we could move here?
    i think my last few threads have been events only? not much of a report as such, mostly pictures
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i think my last few threads have been events only? not much of a report as such, mostly pictures
    Maybe you can edit them to fit in here. I think they are certainly interesting enough.

(Ted Joans)

okay, i'll put more info into them tomorrow night, well as much as i can recall at least.

okay, i'll put more info into them tomorrow night, well as much as i can recall at least.
    Thanks.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn View Post
    4. When posting an event, post all details/text in the first post.
    If it is meant here that info SHOULD be present, then it's ok. But in case it is meant that it should be present in first post ONLY, I have to disagree. I more like to post the details about each car in the post where the car's photos are present - this is more convenient to read. Moreover, for some events the info may be longer then it is allowed for one post.

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn View Post
    3. Photographs posted MUST be at LEAST 1024 pixels (either vertical or horizontal).
    Why?.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    If it is meant here that info SHOULD be present, then it's ok. But in case it is meant that it should be present in first post ONLY, I have to disagree. I more like to post the details about each car in the post where the car's photos are present - this is more convenient to read. Moreover, for some events the info may be longer then it is allowed for one post.
    It's meant that the first should contain the info. If there is more info then it can of course be spread.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information