Thread: got info???ISO GRIFO

got info???ISO GRIFO

he my uncle has this really cool car but, doesnt really knows a lot bout it can anybody give some info????

Hi there, Drakkie;

Iso is the sportscar company founded by Italian Renzo Rivolta. Their Grifo is in my humble opinion their best looking car ever and one of the finest Italian sportscardesigns of all time. Iso's were Italian built and designed, but took their engines from the big American companies (first Ford, later GM) and gearboxes form ZF. Best of the bunch; the Grifo Sette Litri with the Chevy 427 (7 litres!) bigblock V-8. Try googling with this info and discover a great episode in sportscar history.

The iso Grifo was styled by bertone and was essentially a shortend version of the rivolta their first Gt car (also chevrolet powerd)
    The car came out with a list of options as long as your arm you could opt for small block engines as small a 5.4 liters to the potent 7 liter 427 which was rated at 390hp and claimed a top speed of 170 mph...gearbox options considted of 4 and 5 speed manuals as well as a 3 speed auto...later versions of the car used the ford clevland engine but by that time the manufactuor was in serious finacial trouble and pretty much died in 74...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Giugiaro designed it for Bertone, that explains why it looks so good!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

thanks, it really looks great jeah how many are still left??got any idea??
    picture is my uncle s really in new shape

check this one and his other cars out at www.classicpassion.nl
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    thanks, it really looks great jeah how many are still left??got any idea??
    picture is my uncle s really in new shape

check this one and his other cars out at www.classicpassion.nl
    Well, judging from the place where the pic was taken (near Zwartewaal I think) UCP, (based 10 km's from there), could even feature this car if your uncle still has it!
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

yhe still has it, but where is ucp based then??

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    yhe still has it, but where is ucp based then??
    Rozenburg.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information