Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Before it goes away

Before it goes away

Putting the Police Skyline aside, I embarked on a new project, which needs to be done quickly before the original will be sold....

It is Fujimi's MR2, originally with a little electro engine, but now reissued without one, resulting in a crude chassis and suspension section, but a nice body and the engine bay (first intended for the batteries) now has the top side of the real engine, and the hood is removable. Fujimi also had the decency to provide an additional LHD dash.

So far I have only prepared most of the parts, and painting will probably start after X-mas. Intended colour scheme: See left
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by henk4; 12-23-2005 at 09:25 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Perfect souvenir.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    It is Fujimi's MR2, originally with a little electro engine, but now reissued without one, resulting in a crude chassis and suspension section
    Were there any changes made by Fujimi to the non-engine models from the engined ones? I recently built a BMW 323i without the motor and it was by far the worst model I had ever built. Everything fit together piss poorly. The dashboard was probably 1/2 an inch too short to fit in the cockpit, the chassis was about 1/2 inch too long, the windows didn't fit in, the bumpers didn't fit, the list goes on. I wish you the best of luck.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

What technique will you be using to get the original rust look in the wheel arches and the blue smoke from the exhaust ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    What technique will you be using to get the original rust look in the wheel arches and the blue smoke from the exhaust ??
    The rust will be camouflaged, and it is not a BMW so there is no blue smoke.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Were there any changes made by Fujimi to the non-engine models from the engined ones? I recently built a BMW 323i without the motor and it was by far the worst model I had ever built. Everything fit together piss poorly. The dashboard was probably 1/2 an inch too short to fit in the cockpit, the chassis was about 1/2 inch too long, the windows didn't fit in, the bumpers didn't fit, the list goes on. I wish you the best of luck.
    So far test fitting has not shown major misfits..

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Why will you sell the original?
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Very nice!
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Wow, that's a great project. You'll do a great job on it, just like your R33 Police car.

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    Why will you sell the original?
    you should ask somebody else that question

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you should ask somebody else that question
    Maybe you can do that for me, your way is shorter
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    Maybe you can do that for me, your way is shorter
    I am getting unsatisfying replies

two tone naked body. yet to be polished and brightened
    New Tamiya TS75 rattle can does the job perfectly, the dark green is an old special Tamiya can I think for a DTM Mercedes
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you already assembled the plastic Wouter to fit in?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Have you already assembled the plastic Wouter to fit in?
    the doors won't open....

Thread Information