Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millionaire destroys his Lamborghini in revenge

Millionaire destroys his Lamborghini in revenge

So, how would you deal with your new Lamborghini Gallardo breaking down after only six months? One Chinese owner, a millionaire called Mr Han, decided enough was enough, and paid a bunch of workers to batter the offending supercar to death with sledgehammers - and we have all the pics.
    No really. The incident took place in Qingdao city in China's Shandong province on 15 March, and comes after the Gallardo's owner had unsuccessfully written to Lamborghini CEO Stephen Winkelmann to complain.
    We can tell you that this Gallardo's troubles began on 29 November 2010, when it refused to start. Lamborghini Qingdao recovered the car, but not only did they fail to fix it, according to the owner the bumper and the chassis were damaged in the process.
    As well as writing to Winkelmann, the owner also contacted Lamborghini China's HQ, the service-manager for Asia-Pacific, and the Volkswagen Group. Failing to get a satisfactory response from any of them, he apparently decided to turn the whole debacle into a public spectacle, complete with film crews and bystanders.
    So, how many blokes does it take to destroy a Lamborghini? That's a question we'll never need to ponder again - it looks like as many as nine workers dressed in blue overalls and hard hats, and wielding big hammers will do the job very nicely.
    Oh, and the owner himself gives it a go at one point, when the chaps employed seem to lack a little enthusiasm. Bit of a waste if you asked us - it certainly looked like a nice car originally - but if you can afford to make this kind of point, well, good luck to you.
    While this car costs £150,000, import duties and other taxes mean that the car costs around three times that amount in China. But if publicly taking revenge on Lamborghini for ignoring his complaints was uppermost in his mind, he may have succeeded: the story has travelled far and wide across the world.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/photos.a...6518198&page=2

What a twat the owner is

For instance .... When Ferrari pissed off Ferruccio Lamborghini he decided to go build a better car. This rich idiot decides to destroy a car. THough tbh another Chinese car maker we dont need
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

What a rich twat. such a wast, why did he not just sell it or give it away. The only point he proved was that he has too much money for his own good.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Well, the article does say he paid three times the price for the Gallardo....

THE GUY PAID €515,000 ($720,000)

FOR. A. GALLARDO.

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    Well, the article does say he paid three times the price for the Gallardo....

THE GUY PAID €515,000 ($720,000)

FOR. A. GALLARDO.
    Chinese taxes maybe?

I know for sure that the price for a car is double what you see in Hong Kong because you pay what the car is worth in taxes.

There was a big row about that because the tax minister bought a new Lexus before the tax increase on cars.

Yeah, taxes/tariffs. It just seems so ridiculous. Publicity stunt achievement unlocked though; here I am all irked and talking about it lol.

^^^ ONly if you adhere to the "any publicity is good publicity".

For most I'd say Mr Han is now clearly identifiable as a certifiable TWAT ... but not even the attractive/usefuyl kind
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

You know what? Good for him. If the car won't run, he mine as well get some satisfaction for his money.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

He really expect a Lamborghini to run Properly?

I would expect an Audi to run properly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaven View Post
    He really expect a Lamborghini to run Properly?
    If he wanted a reliable supercar he should've stepped up to the Ferrari.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Remember why Lambo started making cars

Well, he bought the car, for that price.
    Let him do what he wants with it.

It is my dream doing that with an old discarded vehicle once. For a car like this it just seems idiotic.

But, having endless amounts of money and the wish to let the whole world know your Italian supercar doesn't start... this might just be the way achieving so.

Still a bloody idiot IMO.

I wonder if he would do the same without having the money - and he had bought a Lada for instance? We all wouldn't give a sh*t

what an absolute a-hole . Rich, and obviously probably pissed off because lots of people with that kind of money are used to things always going their way
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

We've all wanted to hit our cars when they give us mechanical trouble, this guy just did it. And he got more attention for himself than he did when he bought the Lambo in the first place.

The guy clearly has more money than sense. The worst part, I think, is that in this time of economic upheaval with so many people out of work and stuff, it just seems like even more of a waste.

Thread Information