Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CX-9 For What Car?

Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I was thinking this one simply because its a sedan.

BMW of Anchorage
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

But it is failmatic.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But it is failmatic.
    Ah, yes. I overlooked that.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

ok.. arriving to this party late, but i'll throw out a couple. you already had a Mazda, so what about the 6? it is very similar in build and equipage to the CX-9, so it would be very familiar. and i didn't see any one mention the Legacy GT either.

i would also send props to the infiniti, but a BMW is also a solid purchase.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    ok.. arriving to this party late, but i'll throw out a couple. you already had a Mazda, so what about the 6? it is very similar in build and equipage to the CX-9, so it would be very familiar. and i didn't see any one mention the Legacy GT either.

i would also send props to the infiniti, but a BMW is also a solid purchase.
    We think that the 6 is a bit "young" and a little too sporty in terms of style; something a college boy or a spoiled high school brat would get for his/her birthday. At least the "Mazda or Toyota for your 17th Birthday" trend happens here. So we're opting for something more "grown" and a bit luxurious, such as the 3-Series or a G37. The Legacy GT is a bit ugly.
    Last edited by PRC777; 04-05-2010 at 01:30 PM.

GREAT NEWS: We're strongly considering the 3-Series. The BMW of Anchorage dealer set up a 5:15 appointment tomorrow. The A3 is forgotten.
    Last edited by PRC777; 04-05-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: I guess I was a little too excited

So we were at a Chrysler dealer today and found a used 2008 BMW 335xi Sedan for ~$36,000 (3 mo. warranty included).
    It has 29,000 mi. on it and AWD.
    Apparently, Ferrer, its a failmatic.
    But it has good handling and hauls ass. My issues with this particular deal is that its a 2008 335xi; it has a sunroof, I guess it has X-drive , but I don't think it has any extra bells and whistles in the interior (i.e. navigation, DVD player in the back, etc.) unless its all concealed somehow...

Do you guys think ~$36,000 for this old, used top-of-the-line 3er is a little too much?
    I'm trying to get this ride for less than $35K.
    Link for 3er's trade-in value:2008 BMW 3 Series - Trade In Value, blue book value - Kelley Blue Book
    Link for 3er's suggested retail:2008 BMW 3 Series - Suggested Retail Value - Kelley Blue Book
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PRC777; 04-17-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: I was wrong about the warranty. Its not 48 years, its 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    So we were at a Chrysler dealer today and found a used 2008 BMW 335xi Sedan for ~$36,000 (48 yr. warranty included).
    It has 29,000 mi. on it and AWD.
    Apparently, Ferrer, its a failmatic.
    But it has good handling and hauls ass. My issues with this particular deal is that its a 2008 335xi; it has a sunroof, I guess it has X-drive , but I don't think it has any extra bells and whistles in the interior (i.e. navigation, DVD player in the back, etc.) unless its all concealed somehow...

Do you guys think ~$36,000 for this old, used top-of-the-line 3er is a little too much?
    I'm trying to get this ride for less than $35K.
    Link for 3er's trade-in value:
    It's a buyers market. Say 30k is your maximum budget, if they don't bite leave and tell him you'll buy it elsewhere. Actually, now that I think about it the price may be worth it for a warranty that lasts half a century... how about that for service.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

So we were at a Chrysler dealer today and found a used 2008 BMW 335xi Sedan for ~$36,000 (3 mo. extended warranty included).
    Whoops. I guess I got this wrong. I was preoccupied with something else.
    The warranty on the car stops at 36,000 mi. The car is at 29,000 mi. They'll sell the car w/ an extended warranty of three months AFTER mileage reaches over 36,000.
    Would you still consider this a good deal?
    Last edited by PRC777; 04-17-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Whoops. I guess I got this wrong. I was preoccupied with something else.
    The warranty on the car stops at 36,000 mi. The car is at 29,000 mi. They'll sell the car w/ an extended warranty of three months AFTER mileage reaches over 36,000.
    Would you still consider this a good deal?
    I don't understand how anyone is going to prove when its been 3 months after you've reached that mileage. It doesn't really sound like much at all imo. You might be lucky to get half a year out of that. I could be wrong.

Good choice on car though. I like the 3.

It may be failmatic, but it's a 335. This means that it is almost on par with the M3. Which means it is damn good. Having no stupid extras is also a bonus.

Rocke's tactic may work, I personally always use it when buying car. Sometimes I even take offers from different dealers on the same and just straight ask them if they can improve it.
    Visca Catalunya!

Now I'm looking at the financial part of this. Do you know how much parts, maintenance etc for a BMW would cost? Financially it doesn't stop once you buy the car it continues on after that which is something to consider.The dealership said I can buy an extended warranty but heck that will shoot the price right back up again and so where is the deal in that?
    Buy w/ or w/o an extended warranty? Seriously, we're getting really close to buying this.

Running a BMW will be expensive.
    Visca Catalunya!

May be a late argument, but how in the wolrd would you compare an Audi A3 with a BMW 3er?! I'm not arguing about the inner fail of an A3 (), just they don't even belong to the same segment.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information