Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lotus Evora

Lotus Evora

Hey euro guys! if you have any sweet reviews from magazines about the new lotus evora out there please post them on here, i understand its coming out in europe within the next week or so. Please keep us posted on here.

I love lotus' but I havent really been too excited about them since they quit making the esprit. this evora seems like a pretty sweet car

2010 Lotus Evora - Car News/Latest News & Reviews/Car Shopping/Hot Lists/Reviews/Car and Driver - Car And Driver
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Err... Internet is trans-continental and international all the way. Anyone can have access to information regardless of the country that he resides in.

So you don't have to be European to search for information on a specific topic!!
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

yay great answer! super helpful

i dont even know of any good magazines and car websites that are popular over there but i figured someone over there might see something at a news stand or on one of the popular websites over there and then put a link up on here, and when it comes out over here we would do the same.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

2010 Lotus Evora - First Drive Review/Sports Car Central/High Performance/Hot Lists/Reviews/Car and Driver - Car And Driver

2011 Lotus Evora - First Drive of the New Lotus 2+2 - Motor Trend

looks great so far. I think it could use just a little bit more power to compete with the 911. That being said, i would definitely buy this before I would even consider buying a 911

You seem to be really excited about this car.

For good reason, though.

Sounds like a good combination. Seems like they're building too few though. Up the numbers, lower the price, call it a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    You seem to be really excited about this car.

For good reason, though.

Sounds like a good combination. Seems like they're building too few though. Up the numbers, lower the price, call it a done deal.
    haha its a lotus! i love lotus' they are by far my favorite exotic car company. They could make a go cart, slap a body on it and I would be excited about it! (ohh wait, they already did that)

i dont know if lotus has has capability of building a lot more of them. plus i think they are probably testing the waters a bit and maybe they will build a few more in the future if the demand is there.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    haha its a lotus! i love lotus' they are by far my favorite exotic car company. They could make a go cart, slap a body on it and I would be excited about it! (ohh wait, they already did that)

i dont know if lotus has has capability of building a lot more of them. plus i think they are probably testing the waters a bit and maybe they will build a few more in the future if the demand is there.
    That is a good point. Let us just hope that they decide not to build a Cayenne.

haha I will eat my hat if they do that.

I wonder if they've chatted to the now defuct AU TRD division about a supercharged version of that engine...

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I wonder if they've chatted to the now defuct AU TRD division about a supercharged version of that engine...
    im sure they will do something similar to what they did with the exige and elise sc.

Love the rear, dig the interior, but the front looks somewhat robust. Like something penned by an Indonesian F575 fan working out of a Renault design studio. It looks much better when viewed from above though.

I'd probably pick that one over the Cayman S. Bit of a Lotus fan I'm afraid.
    Turning money into memories.

Too much clicking to see what I wanted. Not sure if the site was down but all I saw was the first two. Attach homies, kthx.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    That is a good point. Let us just hope that they decide not to build a Cayenne.
    It's called the APX.

Thankfully it's just a concept though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    im sure they will do something similar to what they did with the exige and elise sc.
    According to the link below it is more or less sure that they will have a 350 hp+ variant.

Report: Supercharged Lotus Evora Makes 350-plus HP, 0-60 MPH in Under 5 Sec. | Motortrend News & Auto Blog - Wide Open Throttle

I don't like the fact that the car weighs 3000 lbs (Same as the Cayman). I understand that the Cayman is the class leader and they had it as a design benchmark, but the whole Lotus philosophy is compromised.

I would like to see a 2500 lbs car, not a 3000, because after all it's a Lotus. It won't be performance through lightweight, but performance through normal weight and a supercharger.

Maybe they should try making a version similar to the GT3 (deleted rear seats, spartan interior, buckets, lightweight wheels etc). It could save 200-300 pounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's called the APX. Thankfully it's just a concept though.
    It is a concept that a company called ZAP claims that they will put it into production, according to the link below. I highly doubt it though, as it's been a mighty long time since the first announcement without any news since...

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/01...ith-batteries/
    Last edited by lightweight; 05-06-2009 at 03:40 AM.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's called the APX.

Thankfully it's just a concept though.
    Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
    According to the link below it is more or less sure that they will have a 350 hp+ variant.

Report: Supercharged Lotus Evora Makes 350-plus HP, 0-60 MPH in Under 5 Sec. | Motortrend News & Auto Blog - Wide Open Throttle

I don't like the fact that the car weighs 3000 lbs (Same as the Cayman). I understand that the Cayman is the class leader and they had it as a design benchmark, but the whole Lotus philosophy is compromised.

I would like to see a 2500 lbs car, not a 3000, because after all it's a Lotus. It won't be performance through lightweight, but performance through normal weight and a supercharger.

Maybe they should try making a version similar to the GT3 (deleted rear seats, spartan interior, buckets, lightweight wheels etc). It could save 200-300 pounds...

It is a concept that a company called ZAP claims that they will put it into production, according to the link below. I highly doubt it though, as it's been a mighty long time since the first announcement without any news since...

No Tesla CUV, But Zap! will build the Lotus APX with batteries
    Yay.

But the thing is, the whole point of the Evora is to stay nimble, but not be as back breaking as the Elise. If you want an Elise, you'd get one.

But the thing is, I don't think that a stripped out street version is too far away anyway, with the formula of the Exige. So keep your hopes up buddy.

Thread Information