Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear makes it official

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I would agree with you if the Enzo was number 4 or 5 on the Top Gear laptimes, even number two...#1 though
    Ay yup. It beat the Supercharged Ariel Atom around their track.

3230 = Enzo weight
    3142 = MC12 weight

What does the MC12 attribute it's lap times to? Aerodynamics? Driver? Suspension?
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

I doubt very much if the MC12 went around the track again it would have the same lap time as the last run..... When i race i very seldom have the same lap times.... its good t.v. , seeing an ultracar get blasted around a track by a local tv crew is pretty amazing by itself without the blarze' attitude of throwing a piece of magnet on a wall showing how quick it was...

Its great to watch but does not mean anything in the real world....
    HEY SMURF, HEY SMURF, HEY SMURF PUT THAT BOOM IN IT!!!

No, I wouldn't say so. The times tell what the car is capapble of at it's best. So, we pit the best of cars' times against each other to see which one is the best.

I think the times, not the show, represents the real world very much so.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by D2LTA
    I doubt very much if the MC12 went around the track again it would have the same lap time as the last run..... When i race i very seldom have the same lap times....
    You're needing to practise more

Consistency is what makes a great race driver !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    The ENZO *IS* the fastes.

3 seconds a lap faster than the Ford GT and number one on the Top Gear track at 1'18" dead

Discuss ...........
    add $500,000, a hundred more horse power

ah and what about the manual clutch? enzos not got it, ford gt's does

maybe if you take away the skillful use of the computer/robotic/automated transmission and clutch, maybe it wouldnt hold such a marigin
    pondering things

anyone of these could beat the Enzo

Koenigsegg CCR
    0-60 mph:3.1 s
    Top Speed: 395 km

Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
    0-60 mph:2.8 s
    Top Speed: N/a

Quote Originally Posted by ZemoButts

Koenigsegg CCR

Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
    how do you know? have you driven all three lol
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by ZemoButts

Koenigsegg CCR

Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
    You only launch from a standstill ONCE and you never reach top speed on a track.
    SO missing the point of the thread

However, both these cars MAY be able to match the track performance and I await to see them. The "standard" race Saleens were good in dry condition. Nobody's taken a K into GT racing (yet) - woudl love to see it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    that new episode where they drove the MC12 was definately one of my favourite episode great and very funny too! man, that race of the 3 old cars was funny!!! lol

it's now official that MC12 did TG's fastest lap ever of 1.18.9 seconds

i think the big mac would be very similar or even be faster than the enzo on a track, and what i would really like to see is how much the Mclaren F1 LM would kill the enzo. and of course, i wouldn't mind take my eleanor and give a lap and see how high i'll get.

The McLaren F1 LM is behind the enzo in pretty much every category except top speed and weight. It's too outdated to be a contender nowadays.

Eleanor? What'd you call your car before 'gone in 60 seconds' came out?

oh, BTW, have you lasered your car's 0-60, and quarter times?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    The McLaren F1 LM is behind the enzo in pretty much every category except top speed and weight.
    The McLaren F1 LM accelerates faster than the Enzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    You're needing to practise more

Consistency is what makes a great race driver !!!!
    ok, i dont profess to be a great race driver but i have only had the opportunity to time my laps when go-karting/mini moto and then it depends on opposition (slow can slow you down), tyre warmth and general busyness on the track.

My only other track experience has been at club Alfa/Lancia Knockhill events where they dont give you lap times. From my mild track experience which i know is nowhere near your experience I have good laps and bad laps, its raining, its cold, its sunny its hot, intake temps, tyre choice, how much you had to drink last night, are you really into it today etc....

when figures are so close is it really that cut and dry??

Me, i dont think so.... Peace
    HEY SMURF, HEY SMURF, HEY SMURF PUT THAT BOOM IN IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    The McLaren F1 LM is behind the enzo in pretty much every category except top speed and weight. It's too outdated to be a contender nowadays.
    The Enzo is behind in acceleration, braking, power, torque, and top speed. It is also more than 300kg heftier than the F1 LM.

I don't really see how the LM is "too outdated to be a contenter" when it's superior in almost every aspect to today's best offering.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 06-03-2005 at 01:56 PM.

what
    your missing the point the acceleration doesnt give you that much,
    great it will get to 60 and then what,
    exactly the enzo will carry on going faster than the f1.not confirmed but seeing films its probable.

the f1 is loosing its grip it still is an amazing car but the new replacement should claim back the title for the ulimate car(not being top speed)
    now that Gordon has left maclaren and keeping some of his madest designs for ultimate super cars he will claim back the title with his next car.

with his passion for driving you know it will beat the enzo and at the same time it will look a hell of a lot better then it too.
    Last edited by matek; 06-03-2005 at 01:56 PM.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Thread Information