Thread: Pagani Zonda's tenth anniversary and Morgan's centenary ...

Pagani Zonda's tenth anniversary and Morgan's centenary ...

It is hard to imagine but the Pagani Zonda was introduced over a decade ago during the 1999 Geneva Motor Show. A replacement is expected for 2010 after a production run of just over 100 cars in ten years. The brainchild of Argentinian Horacio Pagani, the Zonda is one of the very few low volume supercars that can back up its tarmac shredding performance with superb craftsmanship; no manufacturer does carbon fibre quite as well as Pagani. Earlier this year, the Italian company launched the Zonda R at Geneva. Unlike most other Zondas, this extreme version is not road legal. Power comes from a CLK-GTR inspired 6-litre V12 engine, which produces a hefty 750 bhp. An elaborate body-kit, which may not be to everybody's taste, completes the package. As our final farewell to one of the finest cars of this decade, we have added a spectacular 24-shot gallery of the Zonda R. We saw the car at its Geneva launch and at the Goodwood Festival of Speed we were hugely impressed by the F1-like note produced by the trademark four, central exhausts.
    Morgan was one of the manufacturers celebrating its 100th anniversary this year. Just in time we will mark the company's centenary with a closer look at two of their latest offerings. At Villa d'Este they revealed the Aero SuperSport, which takes the Aero design theme to new levels. A few weeks later the GT3 racing version made a spectacular debut by winning the first two rounds of the GT3 European Championship. Developed by the French AutoGT team, it combines a five-litre BMW V8 engine with an advanced, bonded aluminium chassis. Although it could not repeat its opening weekend performance, the beautiful Aero SuperSport GT3 is one of favourite cars built this year.

Enjoy the links:

2010 Morgan Aero SuperSport - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Morgan Aero SuperSport GT3 - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Pagani Zonda R - Images, Specifications and Information

2008 - 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque - Images, Specifications and Information
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 12-18-2009 at 02:02 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Can't haver enough of Pagani's toys...

Tips for Wouter, the Zonda R from Goodwood is chassis ZR00, Pagani's laboratory car.
    The Zodna R from Geneva is chassis ZR02.
    So far only three car shave been surely assembled, but in May the monocoque of a forth car was spotted, together with bits and bites of the monocoque of a fifth car. It seems some customers stepped back from their purchase though, and while orders for the new car are numerous, probably the Zonda R will never been built in the initially proposed numbers.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Some more of the laboratory car
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thanks
    Do you have a clear shot of the plate positioned in this area? (See attachment).
    The VIN is written there.

Not that I need it as the "laboratory car" sticker is enough to say this is the ZR00 (as spotted during other events), but I have yet to find a close shot of the plate (there is one also on the front part of the monocoque, right side) of this car from Goodwood.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Thanks
    Do you have a clear shot of the plate positioned in this area? (See attachment).
    The VIN is written there.

Not that I need it as the "laboratory car" sticker is enough to say this is the ZR00 (as spotted during other events), but I have yet to find a close shot of the plate (there is one also on the front part of the monocoque, right side) of this car from Goodwood.
    This is what I got. I see what you mean but at the time I didn't notice the plate there, otherwise I would have zoomed in.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    This is what I got. I see what you mean but at the time I didn't notice the plate there, otherwise I would have zoomed in.
    Oh well, I'll survive.

Thanks for the extra shots.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Can't haver enough of Pagani's toys...

Tips for Wouter, the Zonda R from Goodwood is chassis ZR00, Pagani's laboratory car.
    The Zodna R from Geneva is chassis ZR02.
    So far only three car shave been surely assembled, but in May the monocoque of a forth car was spotted, together with bits and bites of the monocoque of a fifth car. It seems some customers stepped back from their purchase though, and while orders for the new car are numerous, probably the Zonda R will never been built in the initially proposed numbers.
    Thanks for the additional info; I have update the captions of the pictures.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information