View Poll Results: Do you hate rice rockets?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

53 54.08%
  • Meh

31 31.63%
  • Yo my fart can exhaust rox y'all

14 14.29%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you Hate Rice Rockets?

Do you Hate Rice Rockets?

Do you hate those ugly assed Asian cars out there that look like sh*t and go even slower? I know I do. You've got to have the go to match the show.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Yes!!!! what I find funny is they put those huge spoilers on, but since it's front wheel drive, it's actually hurting the car's performance/stability at high speed

If you hate them so much then why do you call them rockets? Anyways, I really don't car what kind of car other people drive or modify. If it makes them happy, more power to them. I'm not real big on the import scene but what I hate more is people that dispise it. Who cares! Let them do what they want. It's not your money.

Re: Do you Hate Rice Rockets?

Originally posted by mechanixfetch
    Do you hate those ugly assed Asian cars out there that look like sh*t and go even slower? I know I do. You've got to have the go to match the show.
    No because they are cheap, light, and easy to tune-up
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

if you look at every car as a performance car your bound to be disipointed... i say "rice" is an attitude, ppl that dont know and are slow want to look like they know and are fast, so they add "rice" additions to poor unsuspecting econo cars, i hate "rice" the attiyude. i, however, pitty the cars that are affectd by it
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

rice rockets kind of look cool but tuning a civic seems kind of stupid.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

i love my civic to death. it gets AT LEAST 35 mpg, more when i drive FASTER (95-100 over 300 miles used 8.5 gallons). The car is reliable, doesn't require much maintenance, and is comfortable.

However, I wouldn't put a big spoiler on it. Or ground effects. I'd like to someday turbo it and get some rally gear, maybe, but no, i'm anti-"sport-compact tuner". It's not quite sports cars they're tuning.

So which are you asking? All Civics, or the ones with huge spoilers and speakers?
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Re: Re: Do you Hate Rice Rockets?

Originally posted by DwZX35
    No because they are cheap, light, and easy to tune-up
    However, that's not what "rice" is...

Sure an Integra or something like that may be relatively easy to tune, but that's not what we're talking about. "Rice" is when (rather than "tuning-up"), people put outregeous body kits, huge exhuast tips, bookshelf spoilers, cut springs, and other such things on their cars without touching the actual performance of the car.

"Rice" can also be an attitude. Like saying that because you've just installed a carbon-fibre hood, your stock Civic will now go from 0 to 60 in 5 seconds rather than 9. Or claiming that your new chrome headers and/or exhaust system give you 40 more horsepower.

Imports can be "cheap, light, and easy to tune-up", but that's definately not talking about what makes "rice"

why by a an asian import when for a few grand more you can ge yourself a real sports car. An early 70's Porsche 911. This thing already wheighs 2400 pounds adn doesnt take much to get it down to 200. And the engines can handle at least 300+ hp.

why buy that when you could buy a lt1 comaro? why buy that when you could get an old muscle car? it comes down to perference i have "just an import" but i garantee itll waste most of you guys cars and that poscha nad costs less including the reletivly few mods that i have... calling all imports rice is ignorant theres rice then theres the cars and ownrs hat car about their cars, they dont have to nesesaraly be fast but they are tasteful, my car looks stock(right down to the perfectly stock looking twin 3" tip muffler) and in stock form it owns most cars you can throw at it in the same price range and more and thats strait line acceleration put it on a track and watch ferraris get their asses handed to them... calling all cars that come from a particular region rice is as ignorant as me calling all domestic drivers nascar watchin sister loving rednecks
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

i think it's kind of stupid calling them "rice" because not all of the cars your takling about are asian. i've seen a neon with a spoiler and body kit, and it fits your description of "rice rocket" but it's not asian. maybe you could callit a "rice rocket" because lots of people still eat rice in north america.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Its all about good taste. I prefer a little restraint when it comes to body mods. I think some cars suit spoilers and others dont. I prefer Supras looking standard , maybe lowered a little with big wheels. I think Sylvias look better stock without the rear spoiler but have seen some good heavily modified ones. What looks really shitty is when someone buys a standard family sedan, like a Magna, Commodore, Falcon, Camry, Avalon or even Pulsars etc and then bang a rear spoiler on and leave everything else stock.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I paid 12 grand for a 72 911 Rs clone that will whupp anything short of a brand new viper. this car can give all but teh top 5% of sports cars a run for there money. Try getting a camaro to do that.

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i think it's kind of stupid calling them "rice" because not all of the cars your takling about are asian. i've seen a neon with a spoiler and body kit, and it fits your description of "rice rocket" but it's not asian. maybe you could callit a "rice rocket" because lots of people still eat rice in north america.
    Personally, I think it's gotten to the point where it's lost its original, somewhat racist meaning. If you ask me, that's a good thing. Just for the record, if I ever say rice, I'm referring to any type of car, as long as it fits into the definitions that I posted above.

Is this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information