Here's an interesting article I found from a link somewhere (maybe even UCP?)

The author posits that Inifiniti is becoming what BMW used to be - the enthusiast sport-luxury brand.

I recently read a review comparing the old A6 (with the new supercharged 3L), the M37, and the F10 5 Series.

The BMW was the least involving of the three and was softer - as the E60 was softer than the E39. BMW seems to be moving more towards the Mercedes end of the sport-luxury spectrum; that is, luxury over sport (the epitome of this being Lexus). Infiniti's M37 rocked a solid high-revving naturally aspirated 6 cylinder engine - NA engines often being the selection of choice for enthusiast drives. The F10 actually finished last in the review, and the Audi took the crown.

I traditionally saw the Big 3 German luxury makers on a spectrum - BMW being the most sporty, Mercedes the most luxurious, and Audi in the middle. Throw in Infiniti and Lexus, and maybe you'd have something like this:

<<<Increasing Sport---Increasing Luxury>>>

Infiniti/BMW - Audi - Mercedes - Lexus

This is a generalization, but it seems to me that especially amongst the more base models (Infiniti doesn't even compete with the M cars in many respects), that Infiniti is in many ways becoming like the BMW of old.

How do you guys feel about all this?