Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lotus Formula 1 Racers

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Welcome, nice shots, here are chassis, 4,5 and 6 respectively.
    Hi henk4
    I hope that one day the owner of the #6 notices to correct the horrendous Texaco in oversized on the cockpit fairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus72thebest View Post
    Hi henk4
    I hope that one day the owner of the #6 notices to correct the horrendous Texaco in oversized on the cockpit fairing.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Even the #4 the transparent part of the cockpit fairing is too thin-style 1972-75-which never appeared in the first two years on the 72s.

Even the #4 the transparent part of the cockpit fairing is too thin-style 1972-75-which never appeared in the first two years on the 72s.
    race cars evolve during their lives, especially a car like the 72, which spent quite some years on the tracks. But the combination of the fairing and the colours in this case might be incorrect. As far as I know the car is owned in Austria now.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Continuing with the drivers of the 72s.
    -Jim Crawford in 1975
    -Tony Trimmer in 1971
    -Graham Hill in 1970 (Walker Racing Team)
    -Dave Charlton (Lucky Strike-Scribante)
    -John Watson in 1975
    -John Miles in 1970
    Attached Images Attached Images

ehm, I just noticed that we may get problems with the High-Res Brigade here, because your shots probably do not meet their standards. We may need to relocate the thread, and make it 72-special.

race cars evolve during their lives, especially a car like the 72, which spent quite some years on the tracks. But the combination of the fairing and the colours in this case might be incorrect. As far as I know the car is owned in Austria now.
    The 72 in his five years of racing has evolved while maintaining the basic features.
    But I think that an owner of an original chassis and wants to show it with pride, I suppose, must follow the specific version that seeks to restore. Observing the small details too.
    For example look the #5 of the Team Lotus Classic or the #7 at the Donington Museum,are perfect.

ehm, I just noticed that we may get problems with the High-Res Brigade here, because your shots probably do not meet their standards. We may need to relocate the thread, and make it 72-special.
    We are in a Lotus Formula 1 Racers forums and I post pics of Lotus 72 racers.
    I don't belive to be off-topic.
    Maybe the problem is on the no-hi resolutions of the pics?
    Last edited by Lotus72thebest; 06-06-2010 at 06:20 AM.

We are in a Lotus Formula 1 Racers forums and I post pics of Lotus 72 racers.
    I don't belive to be off-topic.
    Maybe the problem is on the no-hi resolutions of the pics?
    that is exactly it, it is absolutely not off topic and for me very welcome. The high res section of the forum is for high res pictures. I have copied the whole thread to the classic car section, so we can take it from there without any further problems....

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...-1-racers.html
    Last edited by henk4; 06-06-2010 at 06:38 AM.

that is exactly it, it is absolutely not off topic and for me very welcome. The high res section of the forum is for high res pictures. I will try to rearrange it.
    Thanks.
    I dipped into this forum after doing a search with the name Emerson Fittipaldi.
    I think it is better to create a new thread in another section.

Thanks.
    I dipped into this forum after doing a search with the name Emerson Fittipaldi.
    I think it is better to create a new thread in another section.
    done

Thread Information