294. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1993 Supra Twin Turbo

98 33.33%
  • !999 Skyline-R34 GT-R

196 66.67%
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra vs Skyline

Quote Originally Posted by StarQuester
    Now about longevity, some may dispute this because this is the first time i've been here but... A totally stock bottom end 2JZGTE will hold 1200-1300HP before failure...Where the RB26DETT will hold nearly 2200HP, no joke... The supra's tranny is also weaker, stock...

I imagine someone will come in here and say the whole 2.6 vs 3.0 liter argument... But as some here already know, the 3.0 liter can be bored/stroked to 3.3-3.4L's...Where as the RB series of engines can be swapped within each other to achieve the same result...A RB26's head can be fitted to the RB30E block, and then stroking can also bump that higher....
    now i have to step in and question these numbers... as far as i know the most powerful stock block 2jz is 980whp by mike carlin using a sp77, and they top it off at around 1200-1300hp fully built and ported on petrol based fuels and alot of fine tuning. they have the brace the block of fully built bottom end and ported head RB's at around 1300hp also, dont give me 2200hp... yea mabe on a turbo, built 500ci pro stock motor but no RB. i wouldnt expect much more than 900hp out of one of those either stock short block and all... your numbers are way too out there to be taken as credible, which then leads me the question the credibility of the rest of your post, whether or not you drove these cars or your just posting from here say. also you speak of puting a RB26 head on a RB30 block, that too is rediculous, the RB30 bottom end couldnt handle half as much power as the RB26 the head swapping it would be as pointless as boosting the 2jz's displacment up to 3.4, besides the fact that the largest 2jz im aware of is 3.2 liters the power/torque/responsiveness that would be added from the whoppin 200cc's would be little to none and do nothing for its power holding ability. most if not all built 1000hp+ supras use the stock 3 liter displacment. a popular mod however on RB26's is adding a 200cc stroker kit, but it is funny however that on most high power drag skylines they retain the stock 2.6 liter displacment and you see most (when you come across them) 2.8 liter strokers on road race cars.if you've driven these cars thats great, but you really need to do your homework on your numbers or at least post some sort of proof...

anyway im out
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    now i have to step in and question these numbers...
    Well he sure as hell had me going.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Hey guys...
    Im from uk. So i work in BHP and MPH so bare with me..
    I would personaly pick the Skyline GTR V-spec II Nur...
    lighter and a little faster.
    fpv_gtho..... You know your stuff m8. At 15... Keep up the good work..
    As for the racing back ground.. Didnt the Skyline get banned from some aussie championship? Becasue it won 4 yrs in a row..
    Seen alot of supra's Id say my second fav car. look so good.
    But as my e-mail address suggests... I love my Skylines.
    You guys not seen any Skyline Vs Supra races... I can tell you they are about even. ive seen Skylines win and ive seen Supras win. Until ppl start messing with the motors.. then it goes silly. I mean Who really wants more than say 600 BHP unless there car is for track use.. Your gonna have to use a compition cluch.. Not nice for every day driving.
    Thanks for your time lads.

Every statement I've said thus far, has been true....I'm vigorously looking for a particular website on this 2200hp claim...I know i've seen it. Call me what you wish, it matters not. Credibility has no face on the net, mine comes from hands-on experience... Not a post count. You can also laugh all you want about the rb30e block and rb26de head...I've seen it first hand, from torn apart pieces, to a fully functioning engine...
    Ooops, I messed up on the rb30e block part...I've "heard" that it'll work..However the VQ34DETT has been made by TOP SECRET, a company in Japan... I won't just disappear, I WILL find this info....Still looking actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    fpv_gtho..... You know your stuff m8. At 15... Keep up the good work..
    As for the racing back ground.. Didnt the Skyline get banned from some aussie championship? Becasue it won 4 yrs in a row..

well thanks for that

It was a key part in the Australian Touring Car Championship (ATCC) dropping International Group A rules that had allowed Turbo AWD cars (Skyline GTR and Ford Sierra RS500) to completely decimate the local competition.

You might be thinking of the RX-7 though with the 4 years in a row bit. It won the Bathurst 12-hour production event 3 years consecutively
    I am the Stig

As for the racing back ground.. Didnt the Skyline get banned from some aussie championship? Becasue it won 4 yrs in a row...
    Not at all they wernt banned they changed the rules because the catigory wasnt popular...and the fact that people threw stuff at the skyline drivers in a red flagged race. But of course group A was never as popular as Group C (higher rateings group A had but compativly Group C was viewing better. And group A was the first autralian race id ever seen whjere a grouBvolvo beat the group A top class cars....very sad affair.

either way im sure it was a highly controversial issue overseas that we couldnt stand international cars beating out local heroes. although true, its not the stuff TV ratings are made of as you said and unfortunately its the ratings the category aims to please first
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    either way im sure it was a highly controversial issue overseas that we couldnt stand international cars beating out local heroes. although true, its not the stuff TV ratings are made of as you said and unfortunately its the ratings the category aims to please first
    What local cars? with the rules the way they were all our cars at that time were renderd uncompetative!Holden took advantage of the rules andamde a smaller engine but that didnt last long untill they were simply oput classed by anything else...They tryed to cater for far too much which ruined it...it was based off the english touring cars which are not what australians like...thats why it was a flop!

im sure there wouldve been at least a couple of VN's towards the back of the field, what was Dick Johnson driving, did he still have the RS500?
    I am the Stig

Cheers for the info lads. Im not to good on racing backgrounds . seen a few aussie races on tv. i just heard something about it a while back. As im the Playstation generation 19ys old Skyline is my dream. Thats not saying i wouldnt have a supra. They do rule big time.Dont think ill ever own one though . Seen the top secret one. but ive never see one pushing over 1200bhp. seen two Skylines with said figures of about 1500bhp. But never seen the dyno read outs. Never seen the 2000+ bhp figure before. Not saying its not true just that i aint seen it.. If you can find a page with dyno read out... or vids with dyno read outs on.. that would be cool. As they can post any power they want but i want proof. What you guys think of the new concept R35?

http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/board/da...lect=&content=

Have your self a little look at this video..
    Skyline is quick off the mark...........
    End result dont matter tho.. as you will see...

http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/board/da...lect=&content=

Have your self a little look at this video..
    Skyline is quick off the mark...........
    End result dont matter tho.. as you will see...
    Hey Keith that is an awesome video. Do you have more links of videos like this one?

nice vid.

Aint got no more vids like that..........
    well that is a small lie..
    http://www.exvitermini.com/
    get dling the movies off of that... Check out the skyline dyno tests
    you guys are gonna love it..
    Also a very imfomative site if i do say so my self.
    Guy is cool as hell also... talked to him a couple of times.

check these out
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVV
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information