Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2007 24 Hours of Le Mans

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    No. But Audi can advertise they won the 2007 24h Le Mans, while Peugeot can't. I think they might be slitghly interested about that.
    Peugeot can claim very good results in a two-three year strategy to win LeMans...a win this year was never expected...finishing was the target.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Peugeot can claim very good results in a two-three year strategy to win LeMans...a win this year was never expected...finishing was the target.
    I can agree with that. But why do some people keep on insisting that they were the winners of the weekend, or the moral winner or things like that?

Peugeot did what it was supposed to do, which is finish behind the Audi(s) and in front of the petrol powered LMP1s. And everything else is just bs for me, I'm sorry.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I can agree with that. But why do some people keep on insisting that they were the winners of the weekend, or the moral winner or things like that?

Peugeot did what it was supposed to do, which is finish behind the Audi(s) and in front of the petrol powered LMP1s. And everything else is just bs for me, I'm sorry.
    not "supposed", hoped is a far better word, as you may have seen in this thread they had never been able to for 18 hours consecutively.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

not "supposed", hoped is a far better word, as you may have seen in this thread they had never been able to for 18 hours consecutively.
    Again, congratulations to Peugeot for achieving what they wanted too, but that doesn't make them better than Audi. Hoestly I think Peugeot did a great job in their first ever Le Mans for the last 14 years, but there's no denying that Audi won, and there's no possible discussion in this. Peugeot wasn't better than Audi.
    Visca Catalunya!

Again, congratulations to Peugeot for achieving what they wanted too, but that doesn't make them better than Audi.
    winner and being better is not the same thing....

winner and being better is not the same thing....
    Despite that (and their objectives and everything), I doubt Peugeot were racing for second. Peugeot did what the wanted to do, but teams come to Le Mans to win not to be the moral winners or something.

Props to Peugeot for their result, but let's not forget that Audi won, and in those works teams that's what ultimately matters.
    Visca Catalunya!

Despite that (and their objectives and everything), I doubt Peugeot were racing for second. Peugeot did what the wanted to do, but teams come to Le Mans to win not to be the moral winners or something.

Props to Peugeot for their result, but let's not forget that Audi won, and in those works teams that's what ultimately matters.
    we'll talk again next year.

we'll talk again next year.
    You see, now we agree.

And I hope Peugeot wins.
    Visca Catalunya!

And I hope Peugeot wins.
    I'll talk to them in ten days time...let's see how they see it...

I'll talk to them in ten days time...let's see how they see it...
    Keep us updated.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ask them about the fuel...I have my suspicions the race fuel is quite different than can be purchased by the average diesel consumer...in fact I'm thinking to call the Audi and Peugeot 'diesels' is very misleading.

Anyone have any details on the race fuel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Ask them about the fuel...I have my suspicions the race fuel is quite different than can be purchased by the average diesel consumer...in fact I'm thinking to call the Audi and Peugeot 'diesels' is very misleading.

Anyone have any details on the race fuel?
    I know they sound and smell like trucks, so it's most certainly diesel.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I know they sound and smell like trucks, so it's most certainly diesel.
    Well, one of the commentators on pit road during the race mentioned that the fuel wasn't derived from 'oil' but that the base was natural gas...that's why I'm looking for further details.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Well, one of the commentators on pit road during the race mentioned that the fuel wasn't derived from 'oil' but that the base was natural gas...that's why I'm looking for further details.
    Yes just like the V-Power diesel we get at the Shell pump here. It's derived from LNG, if I remember correctly.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Yes just like the V-Power diesel we get at the Shell pump here. It's derived from LNG, if I remember correctly.
    Aha, good then.

Thread Information