Page 500 of 500 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500
Results 7,486 to 7,489 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

The 'bogan edition' badge was probably superfluous.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Indeed, but I just took it as one of those 'finishing touches' that can elevate a project to mediocrity...
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

It's the attention to detail.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I don't know where to put this, so it'll have to go in this long-dead repository of Antipodean scuttlebutt.

It occurred to me that my cylinder count and valve count are out-of-whack:

'02 Honda Insight: I3, 995cc, SOHC, 9 valves (the second intake valve only opens during VTEC operation), 67hp (72 with electric assist!)
    '85 Honda VF500F: V4, 4988cc, DOHC, 16 valves, 68hp (one more than the Insight on half the displacement)
    '85 Toyota Celica Supra: I6, 2,759cc, DOHC, 12 valves, 165hp

So an inline three and six and a V4, but the smallest (in displacement) has the most valves, one of them has an odd number of valves, and the third has few valves for all the effort of putting both of those cams way up high. It is also nice to see that I have escaped the hegemony of the 500cc cylinder as only the Supra comes close with 450 or so cubes per.

It almost makes my sale of my (dearly-departed) Saab 900 SPG sting that little bit less as that was the (then forward-looking, now inescapable) 2 liter, 16-valve, turbocharged setup found on every grocery getter these days. Deliberate, cultivated eccentricity demands it!

So, totaling things up, I have 13 cylinders and 37 valves all wrapped up in a convenient VII (7 in normal numbers...) configuration.

In other unprompted musings, back when I had the Saab, three-quarters of my fleet were riding on three spoke wheels if you count the cutouts in the Insight's disc wheels as 'spokes'. The fat Saab three spokers (the flush-faced ones from the 900 SPG/Aero, not the ones with the lip from the 9000 Aero) are, to me, the best that particular layout has ever looked, despite the many attempts of tuners around the turn of the millenium.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information