Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari FXX Evoluzione 2007-2009

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    This is why you should never buy a Ferrari, as soon as you do there will be another variation of it, then another 'til they make a whole new model to replace it.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    This is why you should never buy a Ferrari, as soon as you do there will be another variation of it, then another 'til they make a whole new model to replace it.
    Says the guy who has all his PC gear listed in his sig...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Says the guy who has all his PC gear listed in his sig...
    Oooh, low-blow

The FXX seems to become more attractive every time I see pics of it. I still can't quite get the point of it though.

Is this like a series development-mule that will result in a better F60(70?) one day? So the clients are paying to do what employees would've done previously?

I probably have it all wrong, but even if that is the case, it's pretty cool.

i think you got it right Koop... its a brilliant way of ferrari subsidizing their development programs by having customers pay to be the development drivers. truely brilliant.

here is the pinnacle of automotive technology, and you and 49 others can (for a rather large sum of money) drive this car and help ferrari shape their cars of the future. if you are not jealous, then you are not a car guy.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    so are we going to see a run of new cars or are the existing ones going to be upgraded?
    Yes, I was wondering about that too.

Better looking than the Enzo, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    if you are not jealous, then you are not a car guy.
    Jealous doesn't begin to describe it, allow me to re-word it: depression-inducingly, vein-poppingly, nauseatingly, lip-bitingly, green-turningly, aggravatingly jealous.

In the three levels of jealousy, this would be ranked in the fourth level.

Ferrari FXX Evoluzione #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

I guess you never bought a computer then.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It's not a new model. The upgrade is available to any of the FXX owners who want it.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    it will be an upgrade package for the 29 existing FXX, plus the Schumacher's own FXX, which wasn't predicted at the begining. it will be a sort of after-market optional...
    i guess this in the pics is the Schumacher's FXX which was black at the begining, since he is one of the men behind this evolution...there aren't any mules of the FXX, beacuse, the FXX is a mule, even not so expensive if you look at it as a mule for future cars
    Schumacher just presented the car. I'm positive he still has his special, un-striped, black model.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Amazing car. love the paint job but the name reminds me of the 'Lancer Evo X'
    Technology is so rapidly changing that it makes the previous inventions obsolete.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    It's not a new model. The upgrade is available to any of the FXX owners who want it.
    Oh, this is interesting. And if no one wants to upgrade his car? I lose the point of this program then - wasn't it aimed to wide researchements based on all 30 (or 29?) car owners' results and performance? Ok, one man agrees to upgrade his FXX and says that it's 'perfect' (or 'bullshit'). You have nothing to do except to believe him? Where is the researchement here?

EDIT: From the other hand, it could be considered as an effort to save some cars in natural form, i.e. to make every car more expensive in future, to increase their value for collectors. I mean, if all the cars will differ, they all should become a 'one-off', and not 'one of thirty'.
    Last edited by faksta; 10-29-2007 at 07:21 AM.

I would guess that most, if not all, of the owners will upgrade... why wouldn't they - this is kinda the whole point of the FXX program in the first place.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn View Post
    I would guess that most, if not all, of the owners will upgrade... why wouldn't they - this is kinda the whole point of the FXX program in the first place.
    in five years from now: For sale: Highly original, non molested FXX....(like 512S Coupes now being much more loved than the 512Ms).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Very many....
    Never underestimate the power of very rich people to mis-spend their wealth...

Thread Information