Thread: paint tips

paint tips

i like to think of myself as a paint expert, because of fondness of chopping cars, and my lack of photoshop, ihave become very skilled in paint.

so i will give a few tips on how to do a better job in paint for things like putting on new rims, and putting in vents.

first thing for putting on new rims is to find rims that are at a good angle for the car your want them on, next you will want to have your picture in one window (of paint) and have the picture you want to transplant in an other paint window. now as some might know; if you resize anything in paint you will get an Atari-style resized object. this can be remedied by pasteing the rim into microsoft word or microsoft power point, then resizing it there, then useing the 'print screen' button to copyit into the second window of paint you have open, selecting the wheel with the rectanguler cutter and then copy and paste it into your main chopping window(see illustration). after that, use the free cutter to trace around the wheel as best you can and then moving the rim to the position you want it in, and do minor resizing in paint (which won't make it Atari-styled)

and viola! you have a perfect rim transplant.
    this method will also work with other things as well.

to fill in the hole you made in your picture just open the origional picture in your secondary window and copy paste it into the chopping window.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Batmobile_Turbo; 02-18-2004 at 05:39 PM.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

thanks mate i was going to ask you to post how you do it in paint on the other thread. i supose you could post that other chop u did today on here that you said about on the 'ATTENTION choppers' thread.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    thanks mate i was going to ask you to post how you do it in paint on the other thread. i supose you could post that other chop u did today on here that you said about on the 'ATTENTION choppers' thread.
    do you mean the one i did in photoshop? or the one i did in paint?
    i did a carbon hood for the one i did in photoshop so i want everyone else to see it.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Well i suppose the one in photoshop but put them both on if you want to show what you can do in paint.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thread Information