Thread: Driving an elise at Rockingham

Driving an elise at Rockingham

Watching fifth gear last night (the bit with the f1 m5 race at rockingham) reminded me that I never posted these pics of me driving an elise round the infield at Rockingham.

Some of you may remember while back in the birthday thread that i was going to a porsche 911 driving session as a birthday present.

well the company that ran that went bust so i got to choose another activity. so i chose the lotus.

it was a great day. you got a quick prep talk about how to drive on a circuit and then walked out under the oval onto the infield.

rockingham is sponsored by BMW so they have a huge carpark full of m3's, csl's and m5's. it was quite a sight.

we then got our helmets and assigned to a car. i ended up with a silver elise (they had a nice blue one which i would have preferred)

i then got to drive for about 20 mins round the track with an instructor giving tips. on the ttrack at the same time were two other elises a couple of m3's and about 5 mini cooper s's.

driving round was great fun but i never got near the limits of the car (which were demonstrated after by the instructor with a couple of laps with him driving).

i was going pretty quick though and only got lapped by a m3 once. i also nearly took out a mini by cutting him up at a corner

getting a couple of laps with the instructor driving was great. he controlled the car really well and overtook everything in sight even another instrcutor in an m3!

anyway it was a great day out and i thought i would share the story and the pictures finally!

the first two are photos that are taken by a professional photographer while your'e on the track. you have the choice to buy the prints and i got the first one.

the second two are photos taken during and before the drive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

glad you managed it and clearly enjoyed it so much.

Also another lesson learned -- take the student helmet off BEFORE getting photographed so you dont' look like Wallace
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Guest Guest
    looks like you had a good time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    glad you managed it and clearly enjoyed it so much.

Also another lesson learned -- take the student helmet off BEFORE getting photographed so you dont' look like Wallace
    well its better than this one without the helmet on...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Granted.
    and the reason I always take my own helmets to any of these kind of events
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information