Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honda element vs toyota FJ cruiser. if its a race for the most versatile... da elemen

honda element vs toyota FJ cruiser. if its a race for the most versatile... da elemen

honda element: 64 different configurations,2.4 liter inline 4 160hp (its actually been dyno track tested 2 b 185hp) i own 1 and it almost feels like sports car, from the acell 2 the brakes 2 the 270 watt 7 speaker audio with an adjustable subwoofer. too much wind and road noise tho...decent price ($18 000 i think) OK!! any competitors? other than the old school lookin 2007 FJ cruiser which is way off the budget and bad gas milealage? nope

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    RAV4? And please, just stop making pointless threads.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

The FJ's a concept car, who cares what its better or worse than
    I am the Stig

It's actually been turned into a production model. in the same vein as the Element. It's based on the Kluger, if memory serves me correctly.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    RAV4? And please, just stop making pointless threads.
    hello?

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    hello?
    Bonjour!!!

I suggest you better posing that attitude before somebody gets you banned. Post something useful dude, you might think your Element's better, but you still can't say that opinions are wrong.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I thought he was banned

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    It's actually been turned into a production model. in the same vein as the Element. It's based on the Kluger, if memory serves me correctly.
    GAH!!
    I am the Stig

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    it almost feels like sports car, from the acell 2 the brakes 2 the 270 watt 7 speaker audio with an adjustable subwoofer.
    yep, thats the measure of a sports car, the sound system...

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    yep, thats the measure of a sports car, the sound system...
    That's what I heard. My old beater is the best sports car EVER, it's got like 15 speakers and 2 adjustable subwoofers!

On a serious note, the Element is just plain ugly in my opinion although the ones without all the plastic aren't so bad. The FJ Cruiser is also not too good looking, but its off-road ability is what I like. So I would choose the FJ Cruiser.
    Last edited by aNOBLEman; 04-03-2006 at 11:54 AM.

Saw a FJ for the first time this weekend. Not bad, looks very tough/versatile? The Element is based on the CRV, it's a great on-road "SUV". Whereas the FJ is based on the much more off-road worthy 4Runner. I'd take the FJ, it's more serious 'bout off-road.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Let me try to rephrase NuclerCrap:

The public that post in this forum is largely international and heavily biased towards performance cars. More than a few people here will know the specs and performance numbers of say, the F430 or the M5. Don't expect them know the same for the Element or the FJ Cruiser.

If you at least posted the specs for both cars we would be able to add some comment. You could also have explained what you consider by versatile and what your grounds are for declaring the element hands down winner. Fan boys are a big no, no here...

If you just wanted us to comment on your buy, we could have done that (or not) in the user's rides section. Don't forget to do the "Egg Nog" test (read sticky) if you decide to do so.

Finally, welcome...

Edit: I forgot to give my uneducated opinion. Toyota is known for building the toughest 4x4 in the world (along Land Rovers) and Honda is known for making good cars and SUVs. So if you plan to go off roading the choice is clear. If you are looking for a soccer mom ride then it's also clear. On my mind a though 4x4 is more versatile than any SUV... now, if you give us some specs we can stop giving opinions and start the car comparison.
    Last edited by magracer; 04-03-2006 at 11:45 AM.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    Let me try to rephrase NuclerCrap:

The public that post in this forum is largely international and heavily biased towards performance cars. More than a few people here will know the specs and performance numbers of say, the F430 or the M5. Don't expect them know the same for the Element or the FJ Cruiser.

If you at least posted the specs for both cars we would be able to add some comment. You could also have explained what you consider by versatile and what your grounds are for declaring the element hands down winner. Fan boys are a big no, no here...

If you just wanted us to comment on your buy, we could have done that (or not) in the user's rides section. Don't forget to do the "Egg Nog" test (read sticky) if you decide to do so.

Finally, welcome...

Edit: I forgot to give my uneducated opinion. Toyota is known for building the toughest 4x4 in the world (along Land Rovers) and Honda is known for making good cars and SUVs. So if you plan to go off roading the choice is clear. If you are looking for a soccer mom ride then it's also clear. On my mind a though 4x4 is more versatile than any SUV... now, if you give us some specs we can stop giving opinions and start the car comparison.
    Believe or not, I never thought of the Egg Nog test. Bad rephrasing. Just kidding. Thanks for stating it though, hope he reads it, otherwise we'll have to suffer a few more of similar threads before he gets banned.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

FJ Cruiser 4.0liter V6 236hp 276lb ft torque 0-60mph in 10.2 secs Element 2.4liter I4 185hp 182lb ft torque 0-60 in 8.9secs manual

well, if its based off the Kluger, FJ = AWD, with probably some semblence of off road ability, Element = some fugly Honda that would struggle on gravel, by a CRV, much better looking and has AWD
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information