Page 161 of 211 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3154

Thread: Submit a POTD

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    A vey nice pic.. So it deserves it

Did you take all those pics?
    Are you driving in the series or know someone who does?
    no
    no,no
    i'm in Kuwait and there is no any super 7 here, i'm planing to get one
    if i get one, i will be the first one in Kuwait have this gorgeous car

Quote Originally Posted by Dary
    no
    no,no
    i'm in Kuwait and there is no any super 7 here, i'm planing to get one
    if i get one, i will be the first one in Kuwait have this gorgeous car
    If you have the opportunity to get one.. DO It!!
    Not many other cars that can give you the same handeling and acelleration for the same money..

Spot The Intruder...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some pics which might be potd...

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN
    Spot The Intruder...
    What's that pic from? That must be one of the first Maloo R8s in the UK
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    What's that pic from? That must be one of the first Maloo R8s in the UK
    Photo was taken at the London City Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN
    Photo was taken at the London City Airport.
    was there any reason why the cars were gathered there though? was it a photoshoot or a road test or something
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

'Londons Fastest Car' Competition for the Motor Show IIRC.

McMerc SLR Won.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Why was there a bike there for London's fastest car? You don't have a link or info on the speeds they hit do you?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

opfft
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

APR Tuning

Maybe these press-releases will clear things up.

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Storms Down The Runway To Set first ever London Speed Record

A British supercar set an astonishing speed record in the heart of London by storming down an airport runway at 175.7mph yesterday (Saturday).

The £317,500 Mercedes SLR McLaren supercar hit the top speed in a one mile speed challenge at London City Airport, a stone’s throw from ExCel, the venue for the British International Motor Show which was cleared of aircraft for the event.

"It was absolutely breathtaking and a fantastic feeling to set the record in a British-built car," said Autocar’s magazine’s editor at large, which organized the attempt.

The speed, officially timed, will be put forward as an official Guinness Book of Records entry for the London Land Speed Record.

The Mercedes SLR McLaren was part of the cavalcade of performance cars that shot down the runway at the airport in London’s Docklands. Also on the tarmac was a Ford GT which achieved 174.3 mph and a Corvette Z06 which reached a top speed of 167 mph.

"The McLaren has the power, the technology and the stability to hit those high speeds with incredible control," added Sutcliffe. "This is the fastest any production car has ever been driven legally in London".

Away from any speed cameras, Autocar put another British supercar through its paces, the Bentley Flying Spur. Flying the flag for Germany were a Porsche 911 Turbo, BMW M6 and an Alpina B5, while America was represented by the Ford GT, Corvette Z06 and the Shelby Daytona Cobra.

The Autocar London Speed record attempt is in association with the British International Motorshow and has been sponsored by Pirelli.

The winning Mercedes SLR McLaren is the product of a partnership between Mercedes-Benz and McLaren and is built in Woking, in Surrey. Only limited numbers are for sale and it’s priced at £317,500, making it the most expensive car in the £1.2million line-up Autocar assembled for the speed record.

Richard Gooding, Managing Director, London City Airport said "It was certainly an interesting transformation from runway to racetrack. The cars certainly reached maximum speed and looked as if they were going to take off, it was great to see".

Vehicle
    Record Attempt Speed

Mercedes McLaren SLR

Ford GT

Porsche Turbo

Bentley Flying Spur

Corvette Z06

BMW M6

Alpina B5

Shelby Daytona Cobra

Holden Maloo
    SLR McLaren sets London Land Speed record

On Saturday 15 July 2006, a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren powered into history by setting the first London Land Speed record at 175.7mph (283km/h).

Autocar Editor-at-Large Steve Sutcliffe was behind the wheel at London City Airport as the magazine lined up 10 of the country’s fastest production cars against each other to set a new benchmark – which is being sent to Guinness for consideration for the Book of Records.

At 1319m, City Airport has the shortest main runway of any of the UK’s 23 major airports, and it’s the only one to be surrounded by water. That didn’t deter Steve Sutcliffe, who had to accelerate from a standing start, only hitting the brakes at a predetermined point around three-quarters of the way along the course.

The SLR McLaren is the world’s most complete super sports car, combining the engineering skills and production processes of Mercedes-Benz and the construction expertise of McLaren. Hand-made at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, Surrey, the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren has a carbon fibre composite body making it supremely stiff and strong, as well as relatively light.

Power comes from a 5.5-litre supercharged V8 Mercedes-AMG engine developing an incredible 626hp at 6500rpm and 780Nm between 3250-5000rpm. This means it can accelerate from 0-62mph in a blistering 3.8 seconds, reaching its 208mph top speed shortly afterwards. The SLR McLaren has the braking performance to match its power, with internally ventilated fibre-reinforced ceramic discs all round, aided by a boot-mounted airbrake.

A five-speed automatic gearbox and speed-sensitive power-assisted steering make it as easy to pilot at 175 miles per hour as it is driving in city centre traffic at 7mph. To demonstrate this every day ability, the £317,500 SLR was driven through London to and from the event.

This blend of power and precision engineering helped Steve Sutcliffe set the record – despite never having driven an SLR before. He said: “The SLR McLaren has the power, the technology and the stability to hit those high speeds with incredible control. This is the fastest any production car has ever been driven legally in London.

The SLR McLaren is on display at the British International Motor Show in ExCeL, London (next to City Airport), and examples can be seen on the Mercedes-Benz and Autocar stands. Autocar’s London Land Speed Record special feature appears on Wednesday 26 July 2006.

Go HSV! Only just behind the Turbo despite being 80bhp down and with much longer gearing thats a great effort!
    – Hunter Thompson

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Studebaker: Official car of the Titans

First pic is the original size; second pic is my pitiful attempt at resizing.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    1 - One fast Beetle

2 - Couple of 8s 1/4 mile Supra Dragsters (Link on bumper... still a nice pic to share in this thread)

3 - Subarus and M3

4 - Supras and Viper
    are all of those in austin because i know the beatle is? ive actually seen it driving around

Thread Information