Thread: Supercar Sunday and Race Car Round-Up ...

Supercar Sunday and Race Car Round-Up ...

Every year several new supercar projects are launched but only very few come to fruition. Today we take a closer look at three that have made it beyond the paper phase. From Canada comes the spectacular Pléthore LC-750", which incorporates a McLaren F1-style centre-seat driving position. Using a supercharged, 750 bhp Corvette sourced engine and a carbon fibre chassis and body, it ticks all the supercar boxes. A 1300 bhp engine is optional, which would make speeds of well in excess of 400 km/h possible. The base LC-750 was first shown at the recent SEMA show and first deliveries can be expected in 2010.
    Arash Farboud has been responsible for various new supercar models and brands over the last few years. He latest creation is the Arash AF-10. This two-seater coupe also combines a readily available Corvette engine with a carbonfibre tub. The styling is somewhat reminiscent of Ferrari's Enzo.
    Although not a supercar like the first two cars, we could not ignore the Bufori CS, which was launched at Macau over the weekend. Not much is known yet about the Malaysian sports car other than that it will have a carbon fibre body and a turbo-charged four cylinder engine.
    With the 2009 racing series hardly concluded, it is already time to look ahead to next year. Among the most interesting sports car news of recent weeks was that the Courage-Oreca FLM09 will be eligible for all races of the Le Mans Series and the ALMS. Used this year in a one-make championship, the Corvette engined prototypes will hopefully attract interested gentleman racers into the two series, who don't want to compete the big teams in the existing classes.
    Porsche faced very stiff competition in the GT3 championships around the world from the new Alpina B6s and Audi R8s. To give its customers a fighting chance, the brand new 997 GT3 R was developed. Using the latest 4-litre engine, it packs 30 bhp more than its predecessor.
    In 2010 the hotly contested S2000 class can welcome the Ford Fiesta S2000. Built by M-Sport, alongside the WRC Focus, the new Fiesta is powered by a 280 bhp 2-litre engine. Among the first races on the calendar of the small Ford is the Rallye Monte Carlo in January.

Enjoy the links:

2010 Arash AF-10 - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Bufori CS - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Courage-Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Ford Fiesta S2000 - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Pléthore LC-750 - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Porsche 997 GT3 R - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

You know something isn't right when you look for a car/company and the first pages in google doesn't show their official website (looking at you Plethore).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    You know something isn't right when you look for a car/company and the first pages in google doesn't show their official website (looking at you Plethore).
    Depends whether your priority lies with producing a car rather than a website....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Depends whether your priority lies with producing a car rather than a website....
    Producing a car requires also to have found someone else willing to buy it, and even if that doesn't seem to have something to do with a good website, it actually is a part of the experience. I find that a lack of a decent PR department these days may be a little problematic for the future of a company, especially an unknown one. Websites are pretty important, especially in the auto industry.

Now, I wouldn't base my purchase, especially when considering so much money (or even much much less), on a website, but I'm also wondering why they had to mess everything with those flash animation, indeed dedicating too much time to a showy appearance rather than simplicity and straight information.
    That, and the fact that finding the website isn't immediate (took 2 or 3 researches, nothing I couldn't live with or that never happened before).

if the gumpert and the SSC got together and had a baby, it would be the Plethore.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Leon,
    I am included in the Gumpert mailing list, based on the content of that I would be rather hesitant, but the cars seem to be OK.
    In the Plethore case I would say that such a car needs to get known first and also needs to put in the hands of some experienced journalists, before I would even start looking for a website.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It may have a crappy website but WOW, no complaints for the Plethora from a design stand point. Good to see something that looks good and doesn't copy too much from another car

Yes, the Gumpert website is another little mess. the car indeed seems ok, even if many claims it isn't much reliable.

I thought that in this modern days having a good website could help getting known first.

Yes, the Gumpert website is another little mess. the car indeed seems ok, even if many claims it isn't much reliable.

I thought that in this modern days having a good website could help getting known first.
    I think the vast majority of those who are interested (and capable) of buying a supercar are still spending less time behind a computer than you may think.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I think the vast majority of those who are interested (and capable) of buying a supercar are still spending less time behind a computer than you may think.
    That's a good point, but Ferrari got where it is also thanks to the fans who can't even afford thinking about buying a car from them.

Besides, Napolis does spend time behind a computer, fortunately.

That's a good point, but Ferrari got where it is also thanks to the fans who can't even afford thinking about buying a car from them.

Besides, Napolis does spend time behind a computer, fortunately.
    The successful supercar/sportscar company is probably a combination of both.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Interesting to see that that one is powered by a 6.2 liter engine and the other one is built by General Motors in Michigan. 550BHP, possibly a LS7? They are the only engine I can think of that is hand assembled (Other than the LS9) with that much power. Any idea if the other one is a LS3?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

The Plethore uses a modified LS3, the AF10 the LS7 (as written in the data).

Thread Information