Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rob's new/older Benz

Rob's new/older Benz

So, here is my newest car. Its a 2001 MB C240. Its a V6, but doesn't make much power. Only about 168bhp if I'm not mistaking. In a heavy car like this it feels quite sluggish, and you do have to put the pedal right to the floor if you want it to actually move quick. Otherwise its too lazy. On the other hand I did just sell a very quick prelude engined civic (too ugly to post on this site), so I'd imagine most heavier cars with less power would feel quite slow in comparison.

As far as cruising is concerned, the only car I've been in that has felt like a nicer ride was a two year newer E320. This car is so incredibly smooth, and wind noise is reduced to the point where the cabin is eerily quiet when driving even at high speeds. Gas mileage is not spectacular, but nothing to really complain about either.

Why did I buy the car? My plumbing career is now a thing of the past. My girlfriend's father was kind enough to offer me a position under his financial firm as a referral agent. I now have to deal with potential clients on a daily basis, and a 1992 Civic that smelled like, looked like, sounded like ...$#!+ just wasn't going to cut it anymore.

Here are the pictures, cheers guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh yea, and for those interested, I got the car two weeks back at 116,000 km for $14,000 all in.

'Grats.
    It's not what I would choose, but you seem to have pretty specific requirements for it and it fills them well. Hopefully it keeps trucking for a while, you could probably get another 75k miles outta it if you really wanted to.
    For prestige I woulda gone for an E46 of some sort, but I do like the E46 a little too much.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Good choice!
    I don't know if the E46 would have offered a better image, I don't think it looks bad, even if I like it only in M trim..., but it has something cheap in its look, while this, good or bad looking, looks like a MB, which is good if you need to offer a good image to healthy people.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I quite like it.

Enjoy it!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Congrats. German engineering is a good thing.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Congrats RP! Enjoy your new ride!

It'd be nice to get a full review sometime soon too.

Congrats on the car. It looks great. Guess it pays to have relationships with those who have companies in their families.

It certainly beats having a civic
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Congrats!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Needs a turbo, lime green paint, and a giant wing.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

congrats on the benz. it's quite a nice car
    Nothing to say...

What? Nobody has said it yet?

Lower that bitch!

jk

Nice car man, smooth

plumbing career as in Watergate?
    You see it is easy to go from Civic to Civilised...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    So,

Why did I buy the car? My plumbing career is now a thing of the past. My girlfriend's father was kind enough to offer me a position under his financial firm as a referral agent. I now have to deal with potential clients on a daily basis, and a 1992 Civic that smelled like, looked like, sounded like ...$#!+ just wasn't going to cut it anymore.

Here are the pictures, cheers guys
    Lucky you!! During times like this.....

Quote Originally Posted by manlas View Post
    Lucky you!! During times like this.....
    Or you could educate yourself and be pleasantly surprised to find out that the past few months have not been such a bad time for investors to step in. Take some advice from the contrarians.

"risk comes from not knowing what you're doing" Warren Buffet

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    'Grats.
    It's not what I would choose, but you seem to have pretty specific requirements for it and it fills them well. Hopefully it keeps trucking for a while, you could probably get another 75k miles outta it if you really wanted to.
    For prestige I woulda gone for an E46 of some sort, but I do like the E46 a little too much.
    I'll admit I did look at E46s while on the hunt for a new car to fit my profile, because its my favorite 3 series. I realized though that I didn't have to look hard at all because its also everyone else's favorite too. The C is a little bit harder to find. Personally I think the little benz is underrated. I really take pride in the car, and it has a lot of class for being an entry level MB. It puts a smile on my face, and its the first car that I've enjoyed washing .

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    plumbing career as in Watergate?
    You see it is easy to go from Civic to Civilised...
    Haha! That reminds me of the day I bought it. I had first parked the civic outside on the street because I was too ashamed to be seen in it ( I will add pictures). So after the paperwork was finished I had transferred the insurance from the civic to the mercedes, and then just bought a day permit for the civic so that my friend could drive it home (400 km away). So, they told me to grab my "other car" and bring it in so that they could stick the papers in the window. After I stepped out of the civic, the first thing the salesman said to me was, "wow, I mean we love to see a guy upgrade, but this is ridiculous." Needless to say, my face turned a healthy cherry color. I gave my friend a "sucks to be you" look as I passed him the keys to the honda, so that he could drive it home by himself while I took the C .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information