Thread: IS this possible???

IS this possible???

i was wonder if this is even possible: You take a beastly car like the Lamborgihi Diablo GT http://fly.to/ultimatecars it has 575HP while being naturally aspirated, then you add a high PSI SuperCharger (16) you run this with high octane fuel and an 3-core cooling system which should give you a Percentage Gain of 102.395 %, Total HP Gain 588.77125 and a total HP with supercharger: 1163.77125. ( http://www.superchargersonline.com/h...r.asp?submit=1 )Now my worry is you have a car that is 3200+lb and after this boost a 0-60 in under 3.4 im guessing and who knows how much torque! Then you replace the pistons, crankshaft, camshaft...etc with more durable ones but CAN YOU STILL DRIVE THIS CAR? WILL THE ENGINE JUST BLOW UP? WHAT ELSE COULD HAPPEN?? WHAT IS SOME ONE ADD NOS TO IT?? WHAT HP THEN? Let me know what you guys think.
    Must learn more.

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    Well, to something like this you gotta be dumbass to begin with. Quarter million dollar cars shouldn't be tuned to begin with. What would happen would you would have a car that just goes in a strait line. I doubt it can handle now, and all the internal part would break, and you would just have a hunk of metal. and nitrous? well then you would suck.

Get your ricerised hands off that Lambo and give it to me!

BTW, NOS is a brand. You mean nitrous oxide.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerK
    Get your ricerised hands off that Lambo and give it to me!

BTW, NOS is a brand. You mean nitrous oxide.
    you guys are coming too hard down on him, he's just curious if such a monster machine would work at all.
    P.S. shouldn't nitrous oxide be NOX if you want to abreviate it?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    you guys are coming too hard down on him, he's just curious if such a monster machine would work at all.

Thank you, i just wanted to know if a car can handle anything like that? would the engine break apart right away? I started joking about this that with all the HP and torque that if you floor the car it might do a backflip lol. But to the person who first replied to my post, thanks for being a jerk, i was asking a question which i did not know the answer too and you tried to bite my head off. Thanks a lot.

Finally, i see now reason why you can't fine tune a car like Diablo. I understand you can't do a "major upgrade" because the engine might just shatter but you can do some changes? What about a Titanium Engine?
    Last edited by KarateBoy; 01-28-2004 at 03:10 PM.
    Must learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    Actually Nitrous Oxide abbreviated would be - need larger text for this -
    NO2

Quote Originally Posted by KarateBoy
    Finally, i see now reason why you can't fine tune a car like Diablo. I understand you can't do a "major upgrade" because the engine might just shatter but you can do some changes? What about a Titanium Engine?
    Well, unfortunately I don't think too much of anything can be boiled down to as simple an answer as you may want. It all depends on the parts that you use and how everything is set up.

From http://www.lambocars.com, on the tuned Diablo VTTT:

The story behind the creation of the Diablo VTTT's is quite interesting, the idea was to bore the standard 5.6-Liter out to a 7.4 Liter unit, but Automobili Lamborghini SpA didn't advice this move, instead it would be more feasible to use the 7.0 or even the 8.0 Liter marine engine from Lamborghini.
    After close calculation this engine would pump out 640 Bhp with stock compression, but by installing two turbo's and boosting the compression, an easy 1170 Bhp was possible on dyno-testing, unfortunately this much power and torque would rip the Visco Coupling to pieces, so avoiding to rebuild a stronger coupling system, they settled for the standard engine and ended up with about 758 Bhp on the wheel dyno, unfortunately since the front axle drive was removed when testing the engine, about 20 percent would be lost driving the front wheels too, but still a healthy 600 Bhp would be available to the fortunate driver.

There's more on that site, but I didn't want to take up too much space. You can read the whole story here: http://www.lambocars.com/diablo/vttt.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Well, unfortunately I don't think too much of anything can be boiled down to as simple an answer as you may want. It all depends on the parts that you use and how everything is set up.

From http://www.lambocars.com, on the tuned Diablo VTTT:

The story behind the creation of the Diablo VTTT's is quite interesting, the idea was to bore the standard 5.6-Liter out to a 7.4 Liter unit, but Automobili Lamborghini SpA didn't advice this move, instead it would be more feasible to use the 7.0 or even the 8.0 Liter marine engine from Lamborghini.
    After close calculation this engine would pump out 640 Bhp with stock compression, but by installing two turbo's and boosting the compression, an easy 1170 Bhp was possible on dyno-testing, unfortunately this much power and torque would rip the Visco Coupling to pieces, so avoiding to rebuild a stronger coupling system, they settled for the standard engine and ended up with about 758 Bhp on the wheel dyno, unfortunately since the front axle drive was removed when testing the engine, about 20 percent would be lost driving the front wheels too, but still a healthy 600 Bhp would be available to the fortunate driver.

There's more on that site, but I didn't want to take up too much space. You can read the whole story here: http://www.lambocars.com/diablo/vttt.htm

WOW thats all i can say. So it is possible to modife a care like that and make it even more powerful. I believe some was wrong and owns someone an apolize....
    Must learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by KarateBoy
    WOW thats all i can say. So it is possible to modife a care like that and make it even more powerful. I believe some was wrong and owns someone an apolize....
    I'll point it out to you KB...

What was pointed out was that power will break something else and for those reasons it makes sense to not just focus on one thing. The article states how Lambo didn't modify it to make it the most powerful becuse the transmission would have broken.

So, be a little humble and accept the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    Actually Nitrous Oxide abbreviated would be - need larger text for this -
    NO2
    i know the formula, but a lot of people call it NOS so since it's Nitruous OXide you could call it NOX, or just nitro.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen
    Well, to something like this you gotta be dumbass to begin with. Quarter million dollar cars shouldn't be tuned to begin with. What would happen would you would have a car that just goes in a strait line. I doubt it can handle now, and all the internal part would break, and you would just have a hunk of metal. and nitrous? well then you would suck.
    Adding a supercharger is hardly "tuning". In the end, as has been stated, if youwant to squeeze out more power from an engine, you have to ensure all components can cope. That gos as much for a Lambo as it does for a Honda or a Nissan.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information