Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Useless Car?

Most Useless Car?

This stems from my response to I NEED NAWZZZ's thread "Poll: What do you think is the worst car ever?"

It seems to me that there have been countless threads on here pondering the worst car ever and the answers always vary. Someone will point out a few SUV/crossovers that aren't very good while others point out the terrible junk some of the American manufacturers pumped out in the '70s and '80s.

But to me, personally, useless and worse are two different categories. Useless to mean means it doesn't work as a mode of transportation, whether it be slow, inefficient, redundant to other cars from it's manufacturer, etc. while "worse" condones unreliable, unsafe, uncomfortable, poorly made and/or of generally being of poor quality.

So with this thread I am looking for the former, cars that make no sense whatsoever. Here are a few examples that I believe to kick this off:

-Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Neither an SUV or a sports car.

-Honda CR-Z - Not a very good hybrid or sports car and steals the market from the Civic Hybrid and Insight.

-BMW X6 M - Not good off road and generally just a big gas-guzzling car that again, b/c of it's weight isn't a good sports car either.

The BMW X3. Such a pointless car, you only buy the X3 if you can't aford a X5. And if you want a BMW crossover buy a BMW X1.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    Mercedes R class. 7 seat executive MPV with offroad capability. Seriously, why?
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

Chevy SSR because of the reasons of the Cherokee SRT-8, except the only thing it really can haul are a pair of surf boards.

Quote Originally Posted by W.R. View Post
    Mercedes R class. 7 seat executive MPV with offroad capability. Seriously, why?
    Where is the off road capability?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Suzuki X-90. Useless, ugly and expensive. Maybe that's the reason why I've only seen one so far.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Where is the off road capability?
    Define "off road" .
    There's your answer.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Then my car is pretty serious offroader!
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Chevy SSR because of the reasons of the Cherokee SRT-8, except the only thing it really can haul are a pair of surf boards.
    Agreed. Chevy SSR was a strange decision. Can't believe that got past the bean counters.

The SRT-8 even with its huge power can't tow anything because of the placement of the exhaust pipes. Just curious, if you hate the SRT-8, why didn't you hate all models of the Cayenne?

Honda Crosstour. Too heavy, AWD piece of crap. And the ZDX, it's more expensive cousin. Honda at its worst. At least the Element was quirky yet useful.

The CR-Z I really want to like but I just can't, so I agree with that too. I'd love to stick a S2000 engine in there though.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Agreed. Chevy SSR was a strange decision. Can't believe that got past the bean counters.

The SRT-8 even with its huge power can't tow anything because of the placement of the exhaust pipes. Just curious, if you hate the SRT-8, why didn't you hate all models of the Cayenne?

Honda Crosstour. Too heavy, AWD piece of crap. And the ZDX, it's more expensive cousin. Honda at its worst. At least the Element was quirky yet useful.

The CR-Z I really want to like but I just can't, so I agree with that too. I'd love to stick a S2000 engine in there though.
    I was going to mention the Crosstour but I was running late for a work assignment so I didn't mention that. Good call. And I totally agree about putting an S2000 engine in a CR-Z, that'd be seriously fun, plus I wonder if it would be any lighter since you could remove the batteries or if it's be the same weight.

-Honda CR-Z - Not a very good hybrid or sports car and steals the market from the Civic Hybrid and Insight.
    Agreed. Its Eco version's mpg is not that great, and the "sport" mode delivers a whopping 122hp.. On top of that it has two seats so it isn't even practical.

A Civic will deliver the same performance, same mileage, and can carry 5 people... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Agreed. Its Eco version's mpg is not that great, and the "sport" mode delivers a whopping 122hp.. On top of that it has two seats so it isn't even practical.

A Civic will deliver the same performance, same mileage, and can carry 5 people... lol.
    It actually can accommodate 4 people, depending on your meaning of "to accommodate".

Any over powered pretentind to be sporty SUV should be on that list. By over powered I mean with over 200/250 bhp and a petrol engine.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I think the USDM is only available with two seats. And in any case I don't think it could be called pointless at all. Maybe not good, but certainly not pointless.
    Visca Catalunya!

I immediately thought of the X-90 but it's already been said, however that doesn't change the fact that it is just an awful car. The Chevrolet Cruze (2001-2008) compact SUV is much the same. If you're going to make a car that's no bigger than a compact but make it tall so it looks like an offroader, than you're just wasting everyone's time, money and fuel economy.

Quote Originally Posted by VOGUE_MAN View Post
    I immediately thought of the X-90 but it's already been said, however that doesn't change the fact that it is just an awful car. The Chevrolet Cruze (2001-2008) compact SUV is much the same. If you're going to make a car that's no bigger than a compact but make it tall so it looks like an offroader, than you're just wasting everyone's time, money and fuel economy.
    The Cruze mk1 was just a rebadged Suzuki Swift, so you got 2 out of 2
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information