Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Formula 1 Season Build-Up

First official photoshop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Time to bring out the Papaya Orange paint cans in Woking!!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

McLaren may start using Ferrari engines now. (A contract to 2015 for Mercedes engines can be easily torn)
    Last edited by henk4; 11-16-2009 at 07:16 AM. Reason: first post was in Dutch (idiot)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Time to bring out the Papaya Orange paint cans in Woking!!
    Agreed....something more exciting looking...

Though I am not quite sure "That" McLaren still exist anymore after many years of clinical corporate image under the current McLaren Mercedes rule....

So uh, why do you think they haven't yet to sign to retain their world champion?
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Is Button really worth taking?
    Yes, there is the small issue of him winning last year, but I still do not see him as a fully-rounded driver, and I think he is past the age where he can still learn.
    I guess Whitmarsh and the gang are much more impressed with him than I am...
    I'd say Hamilton would probably prefer him....IMO Ham wouldn't see him as a big enough threat, and it'll help McLaren to develop the car next year if Button is as good with feedback as Brawn said....and leave it to Ham to drive the wheels of it to win races...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Though I am not quite sure "That" McLaren still exist anymore after many years of clinical corporate image under the current McLaren Mercedes rule....
    I'll find out on Friday. They certainly do cherish their heritage.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I hope brawn still exist as a british team based in the UK etc. Its great that mercedes have bought the team securing the future but i expected it to be brawn-mercedes with a predominantly mercedes image. A shame really considering the status they achieved last year but successful private teams will always be the first to be snapped up given their need for funds..

When MB paid 75% of their team, you do what MB tells you...they are still based in Brackley though, and still 5 min away from Silverstone, so I think the people will be the same....just now that Norbert Haug will have an office there I think....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

They will always been an UK based team, as the Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines is set in Brixworth, and Brawn's headquarter is just 28 miles away, as you can read in the press release. Regardless, it will be a German team, mainly.

How do you consider Force India?

Glock has signed for Manor.

(Ted Joans)

Autosport reports Button is very close on signing a deal with McLaren.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Autosport reports Button is very close on signing a deal with McLaren.
    Kimi's a tool. Passed over McLaren over of few mil... c'mon! Dream Team shattered.

Button only did well in the first seven races because Brawn had a good car while everyone else had a messed car. Last half of the season really showed the true talent.

...and if Haug wants a German at McLaren so bad why not buy Vettel out of RedBull. [/kidding]

Haug wants a German at Brawn/Mercedes, not McLaren (which may indeed want a Briton).

Haug already has a German. I though Mercedes were also available outside of Germany.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Haug wants a German at Brawn/Mercedes, not McLaren (which may indeed want a Briton).
    Why exactly have Merc chosen Brawn over McLaren as the flagship team? McLaren have some historical consistency while Brawn just have Ross and a first season WCC/WDC thanks to new and unclear rules.

Thread Information