Ok, someone asked me that today, and it got me thinking. What exactly do people see in cars? I then logged onto UCP and decided it would be a good discussion.

What do you see in cars that makes you like them? The design, the speed, the technological/engineering aspects? What attracts you the most? I am not talking about any car in specific, just what about cars really makes you like them, whether it is one car or a whole countrie's products.

For me, I find it an art, designing a car to for example, fit engine x, y number of seats, and etc. Engineering the design so that it fits all it's goals. For example, a car whose body is designed to fit a specific engine (big or small) and fit around it and be aerodynamic but also catch your eye in a good way. Also for the other way around, for example a car only has enough room for engine X, so you have to build an engine that will fit into that space and provide the car as much power as possible.

This is mostly why most of my attention for cars goes to things that are built like that, instead of things like a Hummer H2 which was designed to fit the maximum size possible, which I find boring.