Thread: Cisitalia D48 1948

Cisitalia D48 1948

Cisitalia D48 #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Great old photos, but I'm confused: isn't this supposed to be Hi-Res Hideout? I'm not permitted to post actual hi-res shots for some reason, but loads of these grainy b&w copped from somewhere else are OK?
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Great old photos, but I'm confused: isn't this supposed to be Hi-Res Hideout? I'm not permitted to post actual hi-res shots for some reason, but loads of these grainy b&w copped from somewhere else are OK?
    The 1 MB per shot limit may be the reason.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

the requirements are for a width minimum on 1024 px. this was to combat the slew of low quality, small pics that were flooding the car sites in 2003-2004 when this site first really got going. now with much more high res pics being freely available, it would make sense to up the limit, but you would have to discuss that with Wouter to get a reason to not up the 1mb limit. regardless, we pride ourselves on being one of the best single repositories of car images out there, so if there is just one pic of an ultra rare car that fits the limits, it is worth it to post.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

The size requirements are clear and understood. What I meant is I'm not allowed to start a thread or post photos in the Hideout except as additions. As to the value of these pix I agree, but wouldn't it make more sense to house them under Classic Cars?

The size requirements are clear and understood. What I meant is I'm not allowed to start a thread or post photos in the Hideout except as additions. As to the value of these pix I agree, but wouldn't it make more sense to house them under Classic Cars?
    right, we also have that in place to prevent people posting smaller images. if you post in the multimedia section and say for it to be moved to the hideout, it usually will. the hideout is generally reserved as a place mainly for images and not as much discussion whereas the classic car section is designed more for discussion and less reliance on image content.

Thanks CMC, that makes sense. So I need to post cars in another section and request they be moved?

Thanks CMC, that makes sense. So I need to post cars in another section and request they be moved?
    yeah, and depending on his benevolence at that moment wouter can add you to the list of people authorized to post in the hideout.

I know they aren't the highest resolution or quality pics ever posted, but being period shots of rare cars I think they are worth of the hideout.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information