Thread: Converted to SimBin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Converted to SimBin

So, I just got a new laptop and thought that it was deserving of just a few games before it got overloaded with apps for school. I got the usual FPS games and then saw this game called Race 07 by SimBin (the guys that do GTR). It was only $10 so what the hell. Now, I'm used to playing console racers like Forza 2 and the GT series but I don't think I'll be going back to those for a while after this game. The realism factor is very impressive (practice, quali, flags, good AI, great physics, fun tracks, etc.). It goes so far in realism that you'll have to remove those plastic covers over your helmet because of debris. I especially like the single seater experience. Plus the old GT4 Logitech wheel works on it so that made the fun factor go up a notch.

The graphics aren't state of the art but that is completely overshadowed by the physical realism and quality put into it. Professional setting is way intense, I'm pretty sure I spent nearly 2 hours in the F3000 going around Monza just to get the hang of the torque, over steer, and lack of TCS. I might sound like a fan boy now, but I have never had an experience like this in a racing game before.

After way too many hours playing this than I should have I can safely say that for only $10 at BestBuy I would highly recommend this game. Just make sure you have a wheel and pedals though.
    Last edited by LTSmash; 01-06-2009 at 02:16 AM.

Thread Information