1 7.14%
  • McLaren F1

4 28.57%
  • 2010 Noble M600

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is your fav supercar

what is your fav supercar

yes this is Another thread on your fav supercar but i Decided to Included more cars this time.
    mine is the pagani zonda cinque

sorry if i have not got your favourit supercar on poll, can only chose 15 Options
    their are many more car to chose from
    Last edited by thebrochureman; 10-26-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Ferrari Enzo

I forgot to include the Ferrari Enzo sorry
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

You could have removed the 458, Galardo and the Ford GT which aren't supercars, at least in my book, if not even the 599 GTO, the Murcielago and possibly the LFA as well. Same would have been for the Reventòn. that tends to exclude the Ascari KZ1 too then. A10 perhaps.
    The Koenigsegg Agera is stilla show car, while the One-77 is yet to be tested by a non-AM personality, so difficult to really express an opinion if not on the look (hail to the Aston!).
    The Zenvo ST1 was just driven once and briefly by a journalist, and I'm not sure if it will eventually reach production.
    a.d. Tramontana R comes to mind as a more credited option (at least it was produced in a few units).
    Not so sure on the Noble as well.

Why not the SSC Aero?!

Koenigsegg CCX, Ferrari Enzo and F50 (just to add only the more recent cars from Maranello), Bugatti EB 110 and Jaguar XJ220 should have been in the list. Personally I'm a bit against comparing cars from such a larger different time frame, but since the F1 was already there...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I did have the ssc in this poll but I accidently replaced it with another car
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

It's the Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B.

How could you miss it in the poll...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's the Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B.

How could you miss it in the poll...
    a bit of "apples to oranges", but to be fairI didn't enjoy all his polls and threads.

Or maybe it's the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL. Oh no wait, that's not in the poll either.

I'm all for activity and discussion in the forums, but this isn't it...

(Welcome back, by the way )
    Visca Catalunya!

We could create a internet-long poll to list our favorite (super)cars, but I'd be happy with something at least homogeneous in its limited approach.

I have a soft spot for the green Maserati V4, talking about very old school cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Or maybe it's the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL. Oh no wait, that's not in the poll either.

I'm all for activity and discussion in the forums, but this isn't it...

(Welcome back, by the way )
    300 SL was a mass produced car. MB's goal was to make as many as they could sell.

I think "super car" needs to be something that is intended to be sold only in limited quantities; whether it's like the 599GTO where they only intend to sell 599 of them, or the SSC Aero or Pagani where they haven't limited production, but only intend to sell a very limited amount.
    Last edited by NicFromLA; 10-26-2010 at 01:58 PM.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    300 SL was a mass produced car. MB's goal was to make as many as they could sell.

I think "super car" needs to be something that is intended to be sold only in limited quantities; whether it's like the 599GTO where they only intend to sell 599 of them, or the SSC Aero or Pagani where they haven't limited production, but only intend to sell a very limited amount.
    Not sure if "limited" and "super" are supposed to be the same. A limited edition Lotus Exige (not considering stickers and different paint jobs) doesn't make it any mroe "super" despite surely being capable of more powerful and famous cars.

Super, in my book, is something that's definitely not necessary, over the line. Now that I think about it, it's very similar to the latin meaning of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    We could create a internet-long poll to list our favorite (super)cars, but I'd be happy with something at least homogeneous in its limited approach.

I have a soft spot for the green Maserati V4, talking about very old school cars.
    Prewar? The frenchies were quite good at this sort of thing. I'm the Bugatti and Talbot-Lago camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Not sure if "limited" and "super" are supposed to be the same. A limited edition Lotus Exige (not considering stickers and different paint jobs) doesn't make it any mroe "super" despite surely being capable of more powerful and famous cars.

Super, in my book, is something that's definitely not necessary, over the line. Now that I think about it, it's very similar to the latin meaning of the word.
    What about the Miura? That wasn't really a limited production car, and it's quite super.

I have to say, I'm with Damiano on that one.
    Visca Catalunya!

Delahaye 135 then, see avatar on the left.

The Miura is indeed super, but not in the "supercar" way. It surely was among the fastest thing you could buy, but the point is actually something over the competition in term of look (not saying it looks better, which it maybe does), technical solutions and so on.
    Even if I reckon this would call in the Reventòn, I think that car suffers from poor execution and worse marketing. Just saw one this Sunday, don't know which number but I'll check my pics, and it wasn't as interesting as the two Miuras next to it or as the Diablo GT. Thats another super car.
    Unfortunately the SV670-4 lacks this same flavor.

Holy shit, Someone remembered to include the Noble M600! That is a truly beastly car, and I would gladly own that car over every car on that list. It is hardcore, it is very much a purist's car. I mean, it has an old fashioned manual 6 speed gearbox, no ABS, minimalist traction control, steel brakes, its outdated! and because of that it is a thrilling car. I love it. The only way it has points against it is in the looks department. It is lacking alot in that field. Its pretty dull compared to say a Veyron, or the One77.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Well if it had been on the list I would have been voting for the Ferrari F40. However as it was missing I chose the Veyron Super Sport. The F1 was a close second but being that super cars are by nature just stupidly powerful, impractical and expensive cars the Bugatti just seemed right.

Thread Information