Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: German cars VS Italian cars

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    Wow, that sounds horrible. Could you explain shortly? Sadly, the canadian elections aren't covered that good by local media .
    Canada has 4 parties represented in parliament and a 5th - the Green Party - trying to make it. The two big ones are the Conservatives and the Liberals - vaguely the CDU/CSU and SPD for you guys respectively. The New Democrats are to the left of them, and there is a Quebec nationalist party called the Bloc Quebecois as well.

Canada is not used to coalitions and so if no party wins a majority there is usually just a minority government which rules tenuously. A big scandal 7 years ago caused the Liberal party to go from majority party to minority, and then the Conservatives were elected twice in fairly stable minority governments.

Now, the Conservative party lost a motion of no-confidence due to what the opposition calls a contempt of parliament. The other parties did this as the conservatives did not reveal the specifics of the budget - specifically, the purchase of billions of dollars worth of F-35 lightnings.

That is about that, if you want to know more just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Relax, for once you didn't get into troubles:
    Sorry my mistake, I have been called Mr B before on ucp before, that’s why I got confused .
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Canada has 4 parties represented in parliament and a 5th - the Green Party - trying to make it. The two big ones are the Conservatives and the Liberals - vaguely the CDU/CSU and SPD for you guys respectively. The New Democrats are to the left of them, and there is a Quebec nationalist party called the Bloc Quebecois as well.

Canada is not used to coalitions and so if no party wins a majority there is usually just a minority government which rules tenuously. A big scandal 7 years ago caused the Liberal party to go from majority party to minority, and then the Conservatives were elected twice in fairly stable minority governments.

Now, the Conservative party lost a motion of no-confidence due to what the opposition calls a contempt of parliament. The other parties did this as the conservatives did not reveal the specifics of the budget - specifically, the purchase of billions of dollars worth of F-35 lightnings.

That is about that, if you want to know more just ask.
    Funny thing is that until now, I thought of Canada as a fairly calm and stable country . Sounds like an ugly mess to me. Compared to that, Germanys politics sound very easy to look trough.
    But isn't a government that hasn't got a majority practically unable to do anything at all? When our conservative party lost the majority in the great coalition in the last legislation period, they weren't able to make new laws anymore because the social democrats permanently interfered. So does your government work at all?

Well, our own political balance is just about to fall over, too. Because of the nuclear energy discussion (which is a MASSIVE theme over here), the Liberals and the CDU have lost much of their supporters- they wanted to keep our existing nuclear power plants running. Now it seems like the green party (which took a macabre profit of the accident in Japan and the whole discussion) is becoming a major party which is massively, massively bad. I mean, they want a liter of fuel to cost 5€ . I really hope they won't win the next big election.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Yeah the Greens are making a lot of the nuclear issue.
    Just wait till those who fall into that trap and vote them in watch energy prices rise and then they'll be out pretty quick !
    Seems that Green political supporters seem to lack the basic math to evaluate the real truth about "alternative energy sources"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Yeah the Greens are making a lot of the nuclear issue.
    Just wait till those who fall into that trap and vote them in watch energy prices rise and then they'll be out pretty quick !
    Seems that Green political supporters seem to lack the basic math to evaluate the real truth about "alternative energy sources"
    Exactly... that's why some people call all those "green" parties eco nazis or eco terrorists. Their propaganda machinery works really good; they use the fear of the people to become more popular. It's really a shame to see that many people are stupid enough to think that nuclear energy is our biggest problem.

...they want a liter of fuel to cost 5€ .
    Don't worry, soon this won't be a problem.

The EU wants to ban petrol cars completely from 2050.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

German cars are the more reliable and demanded than Italian cars. Italian cars company manufacture limited types of car but German car manufactures all types of quality car.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianDrives View Post
    German cars are the more reliable and demanded than Italian cars. Italian cars company manufacture limited types of car but German car manufactures all types of quality car.
    are you talking from experience, or just parroting conventional wisdom?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Funny thing is that until now, I thought of Canada as a fairly calm and stable country . Sounds like an ugly mess to me. Compared to that, Germanys politics sound very easy to look trough.
    But isn't a government that hasn't got a majority practically unable to do anything at all? When our conservative party lost the majority in the great coalition in the last legislation period, they weren't able to make new laws anymore because the social democrats permanently interfered. So does your government work at all?
    The issue was that the people of Canada did not want an election, so opposition parties were forced to vote for Conservative legislation that they didn't necessarily want, as certain votes could trigger elections - votes that were so called confidence votes/

In this way, the conservatives could pass legislation and budgets. As I recall, the Liberals or NDP would vote with just enough Members of Parliament to pass a Conservative vote, and no more.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    are you talking from experience, or just parroting conventional wisdom?
    Italians are in general less reliable. But far more charming and interesting.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Italians are in general less reliable. But far more charming and interesting.
    ... and far less premium.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I'm reliable, charming and interesting.
    Definitely not premium though.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I'd say DeLuxe
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'd say the winner in this discussion is the BMW M1, for obvious reasons.

Besides, no need to find out who's the best.

Lancia 037 and Delta Integrale S4 for even more obnious reasons

Thread Information