Owning 3 cars already, I don't really need (or want) another car. However, I have had an interest in the 1966 Plymouth Fury. One of my brothers owned a '66 Fury III from 1976-1998 (318-cu-in V-8, auto, 2-door hardtop).

I always did like his car and have known about the top-of-the-line Fury called the VIP. I received a catalog a few days ago and didn't realize the options which were available on the VIP which were not available on the other Fury series. Features such as imitation wood grain on interior & exterior, reading lights in the rear and thicker carpet and a standard V-8 engine.

The other Fury series came with the 225-cu-in 6-cylinder standard. The VIP came with the 318- 2 bbl V-8 standard. Other engines available were the 383-2 bbl, 383-4 bbl and 440-4 bbl. I would prefer the 383-4 bbl. The VIPs were a relatively heavy car, about 4,200 lbs, and the 318 engine had a lot of weight to push!
The wheelbase for these cars was 119", overall length was 209.8" and width 78.7".

So, I will be "casually" checking ebay and craigslist and other car-related ads and may check out a Fury if I am interested in one in my area. The VIP is a first choice, but I may consider a Sport Fury (these came with bucket seats and a console) or maybe a Fury III. From what I've read, the VIP was not a big seller and it's possible that even less were built than even my '76 limo (834 built for 1976).

Here are some photos:

Sport Fury:

-Fleet 500
'69 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
'76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine
'95 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series