Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Police link cop killing to Video game.

it's a V I D E O G A M E... for normal ppl it ends when you turn it off, for abnormal ppl i guess it keeps running!

I've extencivly played all GTAs so far and never got the urge to go on a killing spree.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Isn't it great that nowadays in society no one can accept responsibility for themselves?

It's not my Fault, the Kid says, it's the video games.

mmmmm, I smell scapegoat.

the product on it's own is not dangerous, violent and fun, yes, but you have to be screwed up in the first place in order for anything to get so deep into your psyche that the line between reality and the game becomes a blur.

Good luck to the Brother, I hope he gets the case thrown out of court and lugged with all the costs. Cars are dangerous things, but people don't sue (well, not very well......) when they have an accident UNLESS THE PRODUCT IS FAULTY OR DELIBRATELY DANGEROUS. You can't argue that GTA isn't violent, but you can argue it doesn't provoke people to go out and shoot people in real life.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

R* can just tell this guy to shove it. They are not responsible, and the "code" is nothing more than a sex scene with their clothing on.

This is stupid. Its the kid's fault, end of story.

How is it not the kids fault, unless he claims something like Diminished Capacity it's completely stupid to say it's not his fault for making the decision and pulling the trigger.

It's up to the Jury to decide whether or not he was in the right state-of-mind at the time to make that decision.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

teens never read books.
    I'm going on 13 and I'm an avid reader, love a good book, and read many years above my age. I also play GTA and enjoy it. Despite this, I don't really ever feel like randomly finding a weapon and going out and killing people. You're relying on stereotypes here often for your argument and thats a really, really bad thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    R* can just tell this guy to shove it. They are not responsible, and the "code" is nothing more than a sex scene with their clothing on.

This is stupid. Its the kid's fault, end of story.
    no on Vice City, yes, when the car rocks, they are just sitting in their seats, like if they were driving, but in SA, the girl is completely naked and she is riding all over the black dude (they showed it on the news)
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    if I played the game day and night for 100s of hours straight, maybe.
    If you played a video game in that sort of timeframe, your problem wouldnt just be wanting to go on a murderous rampage...

Seriously, any idiot with a sence of right and wrong would be able to decipher that the game is just that, a game.
    I am the Stig

no comments about joystick please

The biggest fear they shoudl have over this will be the gay community........

They'll be up in arms and swinging their handbags unless they include a bit of mano-a-mano
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

onn the news, she was naked and kissing his crotch.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

dayam i never got that far in the game got bored with it as i got onto the 3rd island
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    no comments about joystick please

The biggest fear they shoudl have over this will be the gay community........

They'll be up in arms and swinging their handbags unless they include a bit of mano-a-mano
    as i heard that's not the part of the real game, you have to use a patch
    but i'm not sure as i don't have it, GTA never seemed to be exciting game for me
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    as i heard that's not the part of the real game, you have to use a patch
    but i'm not sure as i don't have it, GTA never seemed to be exciting game for me
    Yeah the politicans and lawyers seem to be geting interested in the guys who did the patch - HotCofee.
    But as they dont' have any money and the game publishers DO, then it's obvious where the American courst will focus "Justice" used to always be potrayed as blind, American Justice needs cheque books in the scales
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

sif teens dont read books.
    maybe in the great wise america teens dont need books.

but in australia nearly everyone reads. only the stupid A$$ drug A$$holes dont read.

but maybe australias worst is americas normality.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Sue the retail stores?...haha, who does this guy think he is? What a crappy brother to use his sibblings death to bring him financial gain.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    onn the news, she was naked and kissing his crotch.
    That's a third party add-on to the game: and that means it was something that was devloped by someone else than the makers of the game, i love it when the news makes up stuff to increase audience

I love it also when ppl like you don't question what the TV feeds you
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information