Thread: Rossi to join group test next week

Rossi to join group test next week

Valentino Rossi is scheduled to test at Valencia next week alongside Michael Schumacher and other teams.

The MotoGP champion, for his first outing in direct comparison with existing Grand Prix drivers, will run for three full days in the V8-powered F2004 racer.

It is the latest patent indication that speculation of his switch to the four-wheeled pinnacle of motor sport has real basis.

Schumacher is also penned-in for the session in southern Spain, as development of the newly-launched 248 enters a second week.

26-year-old Rossi's last formula one outing was a private test late in 2005 at Mugello.

"The next logical step for Valentino is to let him drive with others around him," Team Principal Jean Todt said.

It's all here.

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/index.html
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

I wonder how he'll do... Does anyone know how good he is in racing cars??
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    I wonder how he'll do... Does anyone know how good he is in racing cars??
    Apprently he got half a second less then shumi on one of the ferrari test tracks..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

I think it was more like two seconds. Still he beat McRae in a rally recently and he stuck himself to the arse of the world karting champion for ten laps so he's obviously not sh*t!

He must be bricking it, this should be an interesting test - you know the other teams will all be running light, they won't want to be showed up by a biker in a Ferrari! So, in theory at least, it should give us a good indication of where things may go this year, as well as how feasible a move will be for Rossi.

Meh I doubt they'll be wasting a valuable test day to make sure some biker on Ferrari doesn't look good....

I'm not so sure, they'll surely all put in a few very hot laps.

I guess its time for Rossi to deliver. If he does well it in this test his stock will reach new heights, and I reckon chances for a future swap to F1 would be very high. We'll have to wait and see...

Massa will try to give it all for sure, which is a good recipe for thrills and spills.
    Zag when they Zig

Don't give up your day job?!

Well, Valention Rossi's debut in a 'proper' F1 group test didn't exactly go too well.

He went out for a few laps in the F2004 but didn't even complete an out lap. He spun in the slippy conditions and got beached in the gravel after just a handful of corners! Oh well maybe he'll have better luck on Wednesday when he'll get a chance to redeem himself.

uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information